Hi adventurers!

I am very happy to share with you my new victory: After finishing the game Solo in normal mode 1 week ago (remember HERE), I finally achieved the Game in Solo and Path of the Damned!

http://i.imgur.com/wkUDqTgh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/88bFM8yh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bvGFuiKh.jpg

bvGFuiKh.jpg

I achieved this with a Rogue once again, with a Retribution / Tank build.

I you guys are intrested, I will make a post to explain the detail of my full build and the strat I used to defeat this last boss!

Triple Crown solo, here I come :p

Did some of you manage to finish the game in PotD solo too? 

Cheers !

Edited by I am Catharsis
  • Like 2

Hi adventurers!

After finishing the game Solo in normal mode 1 week ago (remember HERE), I finally achieved the Game in Solo and Path of the Damned!

http://i.imgur.com/wkUDqTgh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/88bFM8yh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bvGFuiKh.jpg

bvGFuiKh.jpg

I have to say that i'm quite proud of myself on this one and I really wanted to share with you my new Victory! 

I achieved this with a Rogue once again, with a Retribution / Tank build.

I you guys are intrested, I will make a post to explain the detail of my full build and the strat I used to defeat this last boss!

Did some of you manage to finish the game in PotD solo too? 

Cheers !

I have about 5 different saves at various points because I enjoy soloing as all the classes, i think solo play really highlights the strengths and weaknesses of each class. Ill get there though... unless i die (trial of iron coz im sadistic like that)

and grats btw

Edited by Ceranai
  • Like 1

grats!

btw, this screnshot has finally convinced me... I have played this game before.

it was about 8 years ago, built using the infinity engine, but it had this EXACT map in it, even down to the 3 circles on the entryway.

I had been having a feeling of deja vu all through playing this game (have not finished yet), but was thinking it was all in my head, sicne there is also a lot of new content.

but this.... I remember this exactly.

anyone else remeber seeing artwork, scenes, and maps from this game in a previous game?  anyone recall the name of it?

was there a cobbled together fan release of BGIII that this was in?

seriously, I KNOW I have seen a lot of this game before...

Thank you guys! :D

Also can you continue playing after you finish the main campaign? im thinking of soloing the ain campain then getting a full party of 6 level 12s and destroying everything that moves

Unfortunately not! But if you do a lot of side quests, you can gather enough XP to reach level 12 before the last chapter and if you wanna try to achieve PotD, you will probably need those levels before finishing the game as monsters are really strong in the game mode.

Hi Catharsis, congrats for finish the game solo.

Could you make some screenshots like this (http://imgur.com/a/SJm6k) to see your build, mate? And what attributes do you choose at the begining of the game?

I wanna try a retaliation rogue/chiper for soloing, but your Retribution tank actually souds very good.

o/

I soloed the BB with a rogue but I pretty much decided "never again". Solo in this game is just kinda tedious. I'm sure triple crown solo still takes some skill but it's more about patience, learning the fights before hand, and abuse of AI limitations.

The players that've done triple crown so far used separate saves to figure the best ways to do most things. And I think so far it's all rogues for shadowing beyond of course.

Thank you so much for your support! :D

What was your strategy in the final battle with Thaos?

I'm currently uploading a video of the final fight on youtube with all the explanations :)

Hi Catharsis, congrats for finish the game solo.

Could you make some screenshots like this (http://imgur.com/a/SJm6k) to see your build, mate? And what attributes do you choose at the begining of the game?

I wanna try a retaliation rogue/chiper for soloing, but your Retribution tank actually souds very good.

o/

I think i'm going to write a new topic with all the details about the build I used. It will be easier! But you can have a preview on the video i'm uploading. :)

I soloed the BB with a rogue but I pretty much decided "never again". Solo in this game is just kinda tedious. I'm sure triple crown solo still takes some skill but it's more about patience, learning the fights before hand, and abuse of AI limitations.

The players that've done triple crown so far used separate saves to figure the best ways to do most things. And I think so far it's all rogues for shadowing beyond of course.

I didn't know that people actually achieved the triple crown solo. But yeah, this is definitely possible!

Edited by I am Catharsis

Congrats, man! I wasn't expecting rogue to be here.

Honestly, I think PotD solo's biggest hurdle is the early game. Eothas' temple, Readric's Hold, Meirwald... they all present a lot of difficult challenges. After that, I think that the game opens up immensely. It's just a matter of getting past Caed Nua!

Looking forward to hearing what you did.

• Like 2

Honestly, I think PotD solo's biggest hurdle is the early game. Eothas' temple, Readric's Hold, Meirwald... they all present a lot of difficult challenges. After that, I think that the game opens up immensely. It's just a matter of getting past Caed Nua!

Eothas' temple and Readric's are optional. You don't need them to do the MQ. You might want to return to them later at higher level though. You can get a lot of XP w/out any serious combat while solo.

Edited by Odd Hermit

Thank you so much!

And yes exactly! Currently the early part of the game is a real pain, especially Caed Nua with the main room filled with Phantoms (I honestly think they should rework it by the way). After that, all the part where you can farm XP thanks to small quests in he Bay is actually quite easy. 

Still the last chapter is a challenge, and the last boss is honestly super hard. I probably reload more than 200 times (normal + PotD mode) to finally find some small rifts in the IA and to kill it. And I have no idea how you could do it with something else than a Rogue for now.

Eothas' temple and Readric's are optional. You don't need them to do the MQ. You might want to return to them later at higher level though. You can get a lot of XP w/out any serious combat while solo.

Eothas' temple is done for the flail that gives endurance back so that encounters are more survivable. Furthermore, it's fairly difficult to push through the entrance of Caed Nua at level four. It might be required to have plate, the blunting belt, Gaun's, and the figurine for it.

Thank you so much!

And yes exactly! Currently the early part of the game is a real pain, especially Caed Nua with the main room filled with Phantoms (I honestly think they should rework it by the way). After that, all the part where you can farm XP thanks to small quests in he Bay is actually quite easy. 

Still the last chapter is a challenge, and the last boss is honestly super hard. I probably reload more than 200 times (normal + PotD mode) to finally find some small rifts in the IA and to kill it. And I have no idea how you could do it with something else than a Rogue for now.

I'm assuming the best way to handle the boss is to reload until you can petrify the titans. At least, that's my plan going forward.

Not even close :p

Currently, there's a funny bug : I managed to kill Thalos multiple times before he hosts one of the statues. What's the result? The cinematics doesn't start and if you kill the 2 golems afterwards, the game "stops". That is to say that you can still open your map, but you can't move your character anymore.

Edited by I am Catharsis

Thank you so much!

It's quite doable with most classes if it's not ironman I think, Rogue might be the best class to minimize the risk for ironman though. For instance, with wizard you can just cast your level 6 petrify spell (which you use in form of trap) directly and if it lands you basically win. Problem is if it doesn't land. But if it's not ironman you have the magic load button :). Or maybe you can buff your accuracy to be high enough for a guaranteed graze at least (graze would still be like 10-15 sec). Didn't do the math.

Edited by MadDemiurg

So what class so far and build have you found being best/easiest for solo PoTD?

I so far find Tank Druid/Beer form (especially with mod that fix duration bug for Druid forms), 2H Might-Anumanin Cipher Estoc/Halberd/Blunderbuss build and I am trying right now to mess with Barbarian, but still can figure best min/max. May try rouge next.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: Also did you make a rouge for firearms or bows? I found fire arms (especialy pistols and blunderbusses much better than bows so far).

Edited by Voltron

Wizard and cipher have it pretty easy in act 1, which is arguably the most difficult part of the game to worry about. And Cipher's charm/domination tree of spells helps nab Sanguine Plate with pretty significant ease. 

Barbarian gets good at level 4 when you get One Stands Alone which deals with... just about everything that isn't a phantom. 

Monk is also a pretty smooth ride, especially if you put a mace in your left hand and abuse the high-accuracy double Torment with DR you get from it.

I haven't tried rogue, but people have obviously had success with sneaking through enemies.

Honestly, though, most of the classes use the same strategies for most of the gam.e Early on, fan of flames and the figurine. Later, obsidian figurine. After that, paralyze. And for the final boss, a Gaze of Adragan trap and Paralyze scrolls while using summons to split the fight into three individual duels. 

Wizard can just cast Gaze of Adragan without all the hassle of luring enemies into the trap.

Barbarian is kinda bugged, so not sure how legit that is. At this point you can start abusing some stat stacking and call it a strategy. But even without One Stands Alone is a solid choice. Also One Stands Alone does't help with the harder fights like Thaos who is a single spellcaster.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Thank you so much!

It's quite doable with most classes if it's not ironman I think, Rogue might be the best class to minimize the risk for ironman though. For instance, with wizard you can just cast your level 6 petrify spell (which you use in form of trap) directly and if it lands you basically win. Problem is if it doesn't land. But if it's not ironman you have the magic load button :). Or maybe you can buff your accuracy to be high enough for a guaranteed graze at least (graze would still be like 10-15 sec). Didn't do the math.

I mildly disagree with this :p , i think chanters are more predictable in fights. Maybe rogues have a slight edge because they have a failsafe button if things go south but In my chanter triple crown run I've very rarely been in any real peril simple because when I get to about 1/4 HP i can run away and hide behind my summons, especially with my wurms I can make a out of them and run around it. My only real problem is that I lack the DPS to do some fights but I think the infinite pool of HP is worth it. Especially with my stupidly high defenses I feel quite safe with my chanter which is good because i really don't want a run ive invested so much time into to end because of a stray critical hit, in fact with my defenses as high as they are Im not eve sure when the last time I got hit with a crit was lol