Gloves of +2 mechanics (minor spoiler)

I know I would have want to know where they are sooner so in benefit of everyone who wonder you can read ahead, but if you don't want to know then don't!

I found them in

the endless path level 5, in the drake cave, hidden in the north-west of that room near a pillar.

:)

Edited by endruwiggin
  • Like 1

what_can_cb510.png

I know you put "(minor spoiler)" in the title, but you might want to also put spoiler tags around that information, since this is posted in a section of the forum labeled "(NO SPOILERS)".

To place a spoiler tag around text, begin with [ spoiler ] (remove the spaces between the word and the brackets) and end with [ /spoiler ] (removing the spaces there as well).

Edited by Emptiness
  • Like 1

I know you put "(minor spoiler)" in the title, but you might want to also put spoiler tags around that information, since this is posted in a section of the forum labeled "(NO SPOILERS)".

To place a spoiler tag around text, begin with [ spoiler ] (remove the spaces between the word and the brackets) and end with [ /spoiler ] (removing the spaces there as well).

thanks for the suggestion, done ;)

(i also think there should be general discussion forum WITH spoilers, this is the only general discussion we've got so far so i thought its the most appropriate forum to post)

Edited by endruwiggin
  • Like 1

what_can_cb510.png

these gloves are a guaranteed find in Raederic's dungeon. 

in the cell opposite and one down from where Giacco is being held, look for a secret stash.

I seem to remember finding 1.1x melee damage gloves in that spot.

Remember: just because you saved and loaded a few times and got the same thing each time doesn't mean it's guaranteed. The way the game's loot randomization works, from what I've heard, allows it to be randomized between playthroughs but still give you the same thing each time if you save before looting.

Edited by Grand_Commander13
  • Like 1

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

These gloves are a random loot. you get different stuff everytime wherever you found it.

Also loot is generated when you first load an area, so reloading proves nothing.

I didnt find them in my current game, so need 10 hard points in mechanics on my wizard.

Chronology of events =

1) got excited when i saw this thread. really needed that +2.

2) confirmed random loot : gloves of accuracy. :down:

3) got sad.

does this mean there are no gloves of mechanics +2 in my game? or can they randomly generate elsewhere?

These gloves are a random loot. you get different stuff everytime wherever you found it.

Also loot is generated when you first load an area, so reloading proves nothing.

I didnt find them in my current game, so need 10 hard points in mechanics on my wizard.

Is it futile even if you revert to a save before stepping in that* area for the first time?

*whichever area you choose for doing this

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone stumbles on this thread via google etc looking for the gloves (as I did) here's an explanation from another thread about how loot works, by user Ruminate:

If you want an easy way to obtain the gloves, do the following:

1.) Save your game in Osyra's room.

2.) Use her shortcut to reach Raedric's private chambers.

3.) Loot the desk.

4.) If you find the Gloves of Manipulation, congrats. You can stop here.

5.) If you don't find the Gloves of Manipulation, reload your save.

6.) Talk to Osyra and rest until a day passes.

7.) Go back to step 1.

To get a better understanding of how the seeding works, if you find the Gloves of Manipulation on Raedric's desk, you'll also find a Blunting Belt in the trapped chest by Raedric's bed 100% of the time. The seed used to spawn the gloves on his desk is the same seed used to spawn the belt in the trapped chest. If you loot the gloves, but don't want the belt, you can go back down to Osyra's room and rest a day to change the seed.

Also from later in that thread, a couple users noted this regarding obtaining the gloves, which I also found to be true:

The locked chest on Raedric's desk always contains the gloves if you loot it on the 17th day of any month.

• Like 1