Liberating Exhortation does not work on charm, domination and confusion, is it intended? If it is intended it should be noted in description, because I picked that power just for countering charm.

First I noticed that I cant target charmed person, I thought "damn, they forgot to include targeting charmed person", but then enemy charmed my tank, that was under Liberating Exhortation effect - nope, sorry paladin, charmed does not count as hostile effect, I should have take Cipher to countercharm.

Paladin just lost last reason to keep her in party.

Edited by ErlKing
  • Like 1

That's because those afflictions turn your character hostile. Exhortations dont work on enemies. 

It is very annoying that that the party AI tends to automatically auto-attack charmed members of their own party though. 

Edited by PIP-Clownboy

What conditions does liberating exhortation affect?  Only conditions that damage your character?  It appears to be useless for any condition that affects your mobility.

From experience it doesn't work on:

Stuck

Paralyze

It would be useful if the words "hostile effects" could be clicked to see a list of conditions that meet the requirements of hostile.

Keep in mind that the ability only affects effects that are present on the target when the spell lands, it doesn't make them immune for the entire duration. Regardless, it doesn't make it that much better though.

There is also currently a bug with not being able to dispel dominated/charmed allies and it might be resolved in a later patch (but no guarantee if even then it would be dispelled by Liberating Exhortation). As for now? Yeah, definitely don't pick it on a Paladin.

Edited by eubatham

I made a party with 2 Paladins which i pretty much deleted when I learned how useless liberating exhortation is in comparison to its description.

I'm pretty much sticking with mine just for the dialog options between perception, resolve, and intelligence.  The skill does seem useless at this point.

Keep in mind that the ability only affects effects that are present on the target when the spell lands, it doesn't make them immune for the entire duration. Regardless, it doesn't make it that much better though.

There is also currently a bug with not being able to dispel dominated/charmed allies and it might be resolved in a later patch (but no guarantee if even then it would be dispelled by Liberating Exhortation). As for now? Yeah, definitely don't pick it on a Paladin.

I get that, that is how I've been trying to use it.  But it doesn't even stop those conditions.