• 3 weeks later...

I cant find the pet spider, either. Any help here?

Everywhere say the pet spider is in the stronghold , but I did not see anyone find and say where exactly . In fact , I saw not a single print where someone has found. Are you sure that the spider is in the game ?

Edited by TT1

No spider in my inventory, just the beetle one. Never found/bought/whatever the terrier dog, either, but I haven't really paid much mind to the dogs....

Maybe the spider can be a random thing in your chest or from one of those Stronghold "random wandering" merchants that are easily missed? Or maybe when people say "Stronghold" they mean more the dungeon paths?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No spider in my inventory, just the beetle one. Never found/bought/whatever the terrier dog, either, but I haven't really paid much mind to the dogs....

Maybe the spider can be a random thing in your chest or from one of those Stronghold "random wandering" merchants that are easily missed? Or maybe when people say "Stronghold" they mean more the dungeon paths?

I cant find anywhere in the dungons or in the endless paths.

In the random merchants... well... that would be ... really disappointing.

I keep looking, sites, google ... but for now no reports of someone who has found or some print.

I don't remember because I ignored the pets, but I've found several besides the ones I start with. There's the dog in the Black Hound inn, the pig in Dyrford...

It's possible the Spider just didn't make it in. The Guide isn't entirely accurate/up to date (printing dates vs. last minute stuff, as always), and review sites are probably using info from it in such lists, frankly.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I tried Googling for the spider's location, and all I found (besides lists derived from the Prima guide) were more mystified people:

http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/317sv1/where_is_the_spider_pet/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/291650/discussions/0/618458030653356911/

Uh... Guys... i think I will need to report this as a bug. I dont think there is a tiny spider pet in the game. Its not in the Keep or in the house, in caed nua. What the hell

EDIT:

It's possible the Spider just didn't make it in. The Guide isn't entirely accurate/up to date (printing dates vs. last minute stuff, as always), and review sites are probably using info from it in such lists, frankly.

yes, this is really a possibility that makes sense.

Edited by TT1

Like I said, it may not be a bug...just not something that made it into the game and the Guide is just wrong. But dunno.

• Like 1

cats: Black Cat(undead),Calico Cat, Orange Tabby Cat(Pumppkin), Black and white Cat(mixed?)

dogs:Yellow Lab, Beagle, Black Hound (missing small black lab-actualy the black hound? and terrier)

Giant Miniature Space Piglet, Piglet(common)

Tiny White Wurm (missing tiny obsidian wurm)
Tiny Animat

Tiny Beetle

missing: tiny spider, tiny sporeling

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

Spider and sporeling are in the game. It's just the question if you can find them anywere. You can spawn them with console and get inventory items, and both will show on the map when you put them into pet slot.

enable cheats:
iroll20s
additem item_pet_tiny_spider 1
additem item_pet_tiny_sporeling 1
additem item_pet_mallard_drake 1
additem item_pet_mallard_hen 1

The last two are some ducks, but they're without custom icons and will show placehodlers when place into pet slot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the spider pet was meant to be given by Tcharek, the Vithrack leader in the Endless Paths, for completing "The Master's Tools". The Vithrack keep pet spiders, so it'd make sense.

Edited by ddillon

I wonder if the spider pet was meant to be given by Tcharek, the Vithrack leader in the Endless Paths, for completing "The Master's Tools". The Vithrack keep pet spiders, so it'd make sense.

Yes, indeed. Thats a nice shot