Suggestion for next game - Supernatural themed RPG or MMO.

Lendrick

It would be an awesome genre to explore more, modern day supernatural RPG, Demon/ghost hunters, ect. More Supernatural the show, not Secret World. 

I am keen for something like this, and I think Obsidian would do it justice. 

• Like 2

Yeah I really love that kind of genre that's popped up with Creepypastas and online ARGs. I actually really loved the storyline in the Secret World, it's a shame the game didn't get as much attention as others and was poorly managed. Supernatural is great though it fell in quality after Kripke finished his main storyline.

Bioware's recently cancelled game Shadow Realms had a great creepy set up but was let down by the actual game being super bland. I don't think Obsidian will fall foul of that!

I agree it would make a great game, it's a nice idea :)

Edited by Moonlight Butterfly
  • Like 1

The last thing we need is more supernatural based media getting idiots to go around telling us about how the movie, "Paranormal Activity" is actually true, and that ghosts are really amused by screwing around with lights.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

It would be an awesome genre to explore more, modern day supernatural RPG, Demon/ghost hunters, ect. More Supernatural the show, not Secret World. 

I am keen for something like this, and I think Obsidian would do it justice. 

In all of my RPGing, be it PnP, console, or cRPG, the most fun I ever had playing an RPG game was when some buddies and I played Palladium's Beyond the Supernatural (1st edition).

If done right, that is one hell of an awesome setting, and a setting that I've never seen brought to life very well on a console or computer. Very good storytelling is essential. Obsidian does have the best storytellers in the business these days.

I'm serious about Ghostbusters.  It would make the best RPG.

Na.

The comedy RPG has been done, and done well a couple of times. The original Ghostbuster movie is awesome, but the franchise has been beat to death. Even it wasn't beat to death the Ghostbuster universe is not a good place for a well told spooky supernatural RPG.

There has yet to be a well done spooky/horror/supernatural RPG.

Edited by Valsuelm

I'm serious about Ghostbusters.  It would make the best RPG.

Na.

The comedy RPG has been done, and done well a couple of times. The original Ghostbuster movie is awesome, but the franchise has been beat to death. Even it wasn't beat to death the Ghostbuster universe is not a good place for a well told spooky supernatural RPG.

There has yet to be a well done spooky/horror/supernatural RPG.

What?  The franchise had two movies and has been mostly dormant since the 80's.