[Spoiler Chapter 3+] Quest bug "The Old Queen and the New King"

Greel

Question

Hello everyone. I've encountered a bug with the quest: "The old Queen and the New King"

Description: I had entered the temple, saw the cutscene with bickering people. Talked to Einden after which I proceeded across the broken bridge without talking to Desthwn. I went to see Sul, and talked to Irensi. I agreed that Sul is right and Oernos is weak. So I went to see Oernos, I killed him. Went to talk to Irensi and up till this point everything seemed to work fine. However when I returned to Desthwn, he wouldn't acknowledge that I had solved the stalemate. No replies of quest confirmation in dialogue. 

Later on, I entered Teir Evron, and Galawain's request was that I solve the stalemate in Galawain's Maw. However this was also impossible. 

Hope this helps someone.. it would likely be avoided by talking to Eiden + Desthwn before going to see Sul or Oernos. 

3 answers to this question

I didn't delve into it too much. I just finished my first run and completed the game, and now I'm creating a new character as soon as my game on steam updates :) Hopefully it is fixed, if not.. I'll just keep the order of the quest in mind. 

Fixed in patch 1.05 beta. 

"If Sul or Oernos were defeated before speaking to Desthwn for the first time then The Old Queen and the New King quest will not revert to an earlier quest stage"