So I've decided to try out a DPS chanter, but I'm having a little bit of trouble deciding what to take.

In terms of an invocation, the AoE stun seems like an obvious one, because it scales with might. What about the phrases though? The +10 to fortitude and will seem powerful early game, but I'm not so sure about a second phrase.

Does anyone have insight on this?

For dps take endurance drain (think it scales with might). Once at you get level 3 phrases get the fire rain one, it absolutely wrecks things. Invocations do not matter at that point.

I havnt tried it but would a chant that combines the frost chant with the fire chant work? or the fire and the speed? my thinking is that if you could slow and damage people following you you could have a fun time running around people in circles

For dps take endurance drain (think it scales with might). Once at you get level 3 phrases get the fire rain one, it absolutely wrecks things. Invocations do not matter at that point.

I havnt tried it but would a chant that combines the frost chant with the fire chant work? or the fire and the speed? my thinking is that if you could slow and damage people following you you could have a fun time running around people in circles

You could, but I think it's ultimately pointless. One thing that did occur to me was to get the fire AoE phrase, sit the Chanter in a doorway then have a Priest cast withdraw on them.

Edited by Akimbo

You could, but I think it's ultimately pointless. One thing that did occur to me was to get the fire AoE phrase, sit the Chanter in a doorway then have a Priest cast withdraw on them.

IF you could throw out big dps with no risk of being auto attacked that would be very valuable on solo runs, as it is you can stack speed and run circles around people until your summon is up