Unwavering Resolve Bug with Aloth

papanick992

Question

Hello guys!  Great game so far by the way!  Been waiting for this kind of game to come out again for a long time and you it what we like about it right on the head of the nail.

Anyways...

I am having an issue with the item Unwavering Resolve you get in Act 2 Quest HIS OLD SELF.  The item gives a character Intellect +2 and Resolve +1, but when you equip it to Aloth, he only gets 1 and 1.  It seems like all the other characters I try it with they get the 2 and 1 but not Aloth.  I have screen shots but I can not shrink them down to a size that I can post them with.  If you need the screenshots and have another way i can send them to you, let me know.  Otherwise, that is as specific as I can get.

Thank you again for pouring your heart out in this game for the fans of the genre and not skipping a beat.

5 answers to this question

I've just noticed the same thing happening with "Bracers of All-consuming rage" and "Snerf's Folly" on The Watcher. Some stats rise, others don't.

Is this some kind of known issue with the game, or is there some kind of stat-raising limitations in the game mechanics that aren't being explained to us?

Bonuses from items don't stack by design. In the attached screenshot, Resolve is already getting +1 from The Pilgrim's Lasting Vigil so the bonus from the amulet won't apply. It will show up greyed out with "(suppressed)" next to it under "Active Effects" in the character record.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hello!

I have some kind of bug with Aloth aswell but this time its not about party. It seems like Aloth lost his grimoire and I cannot equip any other one therefore I can cast any spell anything and my Aloth has come completely useless.

Did anyone have something like this??? How I can fix it?¿