Intro for the game/Replay Value

I want to mention something, which I feel is important. The intro to the game is awesome to experience, the first time. It can be fun the 2nd time, and it can be entertaining changing up how you do things a third time. However, After this, it becomes a chore. 

Is there a way for the Obsidian team to create a toggle feature like Expert/Iron Man Mode that skips you to the Black Dog Tavern? Avoiding the whole run around the camp, ruins, cut scene, and discussion with the redneck locals which wastes an hour or two upon creating a new game? I've enjoyed it, but after the 3rd time. I'm tapped out. Done, and maybe I can enjoy it again a year from now if I revisit in late 2016. However, it's just something I feel that once you've experienced it several times, the whole things screams "Tutorial Experience", and sometimes you just want to ditch the tutorial and get on with the meat and bones of the game. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

Wait. You're on your third playthrough already?? I think I've found the problem...

I haven't played through the entire game, no. However, when I decide I want a new character and to test something out, it's just a hassle. I need to devote my entire play time spread across 2 days worth of allotted time. Just to get to Gilded Vale and move through the necessary stuff. I can tolerate three times. After that, it's *yawn* and I want to fast forward to the point I have an actual choice in what I do. 

BG1/2 eventually had Dungeon-Be-Gone mods. An equivalent would be nice indeed, since there are few 'choices' of interest or derivations in XP gain. It would need to drop you off at the start of the Valewood, though, and not the tavern. 

• Like 3

Yeah, that'd be fine. It's just something else that's holding me back. I keep trying to make characters that I think I might enjoy with the premade companions, new ones to try. Then I realize, they don't mesh together in a way I like. So I start over. Dumping 2-3 hours to start over, and collect a few of them over and over again is just a time sink that makes me want to shelve the game entirely between the companions issues and the startup. It's just BLAH. 

Being able to skip that, say I'm level 2, and just GO on my adventures, hire some companions of my own would prevent me from having to cheat to just bypass the whole nonsense. I don't want to have to cheat to enjoy this game. Unfortunately, after 2 and a half years of waiting on it, its just looking like I must. Which is sad. I shouldn't have to, but just not happy with what I am dealing with playing it the way it was meant to be played. Causing me to restart and blah. 

Or you could take one of your games where you already have an inn accessible. Actually, whichever play through you have gotten the farthest level wise. And go to an inn, and start creating characters of each class and build that you might be interested in trying? If it's taking you this long to figure out which main you want to play because they aren't 'meshing' well, why are you starting over from the beginning when you have access to character creation within the game itself? Figure out what you think might work best for you and then start over from there. If you still are unhappy and have to do it again, maybe this game isn't for you?

• Like 1

Yeah, one can skip all options and just barrel through. Still have to run through the maps, deal with creeps, and the dialogue you are forced to deal with. My mistake for attempting a new game when the patch hit to see the changes. Silly me for thinking it was worth it. Oh well. If folks are just trucking through all of the dialogue and ignoring everything, it boils down to, why bother territory. Which would be my point. 

Part of my time sink is just lol, everything else going on in my life that distracts me and requires me to do this in 2-5 minute intervals between tasks. So the 15 minutes for someone who can just do it all at once with no distractions is fine. For me, I need to pause, get up, and do something else for 20 minutes, then get a few moments to sit down and play again. It becomes a true chore to do that same intro repeatedly. Showing a friend how it starts for the first time, it's nice to have there after my 3rd time. Outside of that, it's unnecessary. 

Def mod territory sounding yeah.

I think I've rerolled and restarted the game some 30+ times already.

But I just finally finished act 2! I can do this ... Just one more act ...

Nooo but wait, my Arbalest paladins didn't need so many points in Con and could have done with much more dex because slow arbalests are slow .... Must .... Resist ..... Restarting ...... Halp.

• Like 1