Adra Dragon fight

I would have liked a better dragon fight than was featured in the game.

Most strategies including the strategy I used involve petrifying the dragon to stop the dragon from using it's instant death attacks and to score hits despite it's awesome defence.

Perhaps the expansion will include some better dragon fights.

1: Go up to the north east, attack friendly creatures. This will start combat, but not with the dragon!

2: Summon as many creatures as you possibly can. Kana is really good here. 12+ controlled units is desirable.

3: Have a priest cast Shields for the Faithful followed by Spark the Souls of the Righteous on everything.

4: Quickly Surround adra dragon, have MC cast Scale breaker and attack!

5: Cheeeeeeeeeeeese the dragon with constant lightning damage. Keep reviving and resummoning to keep as many galvanized allies alive and close to the dragon as possible. Took me about 5 attempts, but before that I could always get it down to 1-3 ticks.

There's just no way to win it without cheesing it, bit of a shame. On the bright side it was pretty interesting as this tactic required me to get everyone up close and personal and doing my very best to dodge its AOE attacks and healing/reviving people as needed.

2015-04-18_00001.jpg

*Bzzzt*

Edited by Yenkaz

The breath is ridiculous.  Its like a 160 degree cone that seems to be unlimited range.  Positioning also gets ****ed up very quickly with the adds charming people left and right.

She apparently only uses her breath attack though if several of your party members are standing too close together. If you manage to position your party members around her, she seems to use weaker attacks.

As for me, I beat her with a fair amount of cheese (but not so much that is wasn't a battle anymore):

1. Got the Scale Breaker ability.
  2. Came back, and went to the back of the room while everyone was green-circled
  3. Ate food items that gave +2 to most important stats.
  4. Attacked and killed the Adragan; the dragon went hostile but didn't move towards my party because it was too far away.
  5. Surrounded the dragon, with Eder moving in first and positioning himself between the dragon and the goblins so all would aggro him. Cipher also near the goblinsxaurip so she could shoot them with her blunderbuss to gain focus quickly.
  6. Scale Breaker, two Scrolls of Petrify, two or three Potions of Major Endurance, everyone using their best single-target damage abilities --> dead dragon

gBUukq5.jpg

In the "everyone using their best single-target damage abilities" step, I had my Cipher cast Disintegration once, Aloth repeatedly cast Minoletta's Concussive Missiles, and Hiravias some Electricity based spells. Though I think the bulk of the damage was actually done by my rogue (high-accuracy, high-crit build), who reliably got off hits (if not crits) like this using the Cladhalíath spear with max enchantments:

BjlaD4s.png

I had "Second Chance" items on three characters and revive spells at the ready, but didn't end up needing any of that. I wonder how that battle would be like if Petrify gets nerfed in a future patch.

PS: My main char was level 11, the companions level 10 or 11.

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

I wish I knew what you guys were talking about, as soon as I climb down and take 3 steps, in walks the dragon - no time to do ****

You can talk her out of attacking you immediately which gives you time to position your party properly (or even go back upstairs and pick up a relevant special ability).