Adra Dragon fight

Seriously?  Who designed this?  It's a dumb stat and rng battle.  It flies in the face of everything about the combat system.  Oh, he decided to do wing slam and got 5 crits, instakilling anything with less than 200 endurance. :banghead:  Maybe he won't next time.  Oh good, he just autoattacked instead.

For what it's worth, I beat it by getting the dumb dragon stuck on its minions and spamming paralyze from out of its range until I paralyzed it for 20 seconds then I beat it to death.

Then let's not talk about how lame it is to have...nope...not a drake like on level 5...not the Sky Dragon at Northweald...a dragon made out of ADRA!  How inspired.  :getlost:

Really dumb.  

Edited by durbal
  • Like 1

I got her with a sneak attack  :ninja:

I had to use some maelstrom scrolls to clear the minions, weakened the beast with different spells, revived my party with scrolls too. Pallegina with her high lore was a life saver  :grin:

If it doesn't kill you, it just missed its target.

There's a special debuff ability called Scale-Breaker that you can get that reduces the dragon's armor reduction by 6, and its accuracy and defenses by 12 for a base duration of 15 seconds. I'll let you figure out how to get it wink.png

I used Scale-Breaker in combination with a bunch of other debuffs to wreck the dragon's defenses, after which it didn't take too long to kill.

Edited by DarthPizza

Exquisite cheese follows :

Precondition : Agree to help the dragon so it will wait for you patiently in the middle of the cave.

Stand in front of the  climbing cliff and use Aloth to launch a rolling flame towards the dragon. Before it hits, quickly climb the cliff up. Laugh at adds that gather at the base of the cliff while your arbalest six squad mow them down . Summon something at the base of the cliff ( some sturdy ogres) to grant you some further visibility. Death from above for the dragon.

• Like 3

Exquisite cheese follows :

Precondition : Agree to help the dragon so it will wait for you patiently in the middle of the cave.

Stand in front of the  climbing cliff and use Aloth to launch a rolling flame towards the dragon. Before it hits, quickly climb the cliff up. Laugh at adds that gather at the base of the cliff while your arbalest six squad mow them down . Summon something at the base of the cliff ( some sturdy ogres) to grant you some further visibility. Death from above for the dragon.

lol, nice one :)

Using a bunch of summons (figurines, chanter summons) to distract the dragon can go a long way in that fight.

• Like 1

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

first time was like wtf, ok fine you want an o.p attack thats fine. This is 90% chance working ratio of how to kill the damn adra dragon. I think this is the biggest foolproof method ever

TO KILL THE DRAGON (feel free to repost just give me credit :p

1. you need a mage with Max Force Wall, Max fire wall any other raw damage stuff.

2. A chanter, with the Ogre summon

3. Cipher good with disintergrate but not neccacary

2. Load all your character secondary weapon with a ranged attack like blunderbuss/arbalest ect, preferbly something that has a character accuracy specialation perk and something finer or above quality weapon.

3. Rush to the treasure, make the dragon get all upset and chase you, slay minions or just run through them whatever they die pretty fast and the dragons slow.

4. Force Wall the narrow gap, lay onto all the firepower you got. Use ogre summon on the other side of the wall to keep adra dragon occupied with ogres. Lay down fire walls and as much spells that do damage as possible.

5. Dragon should be seriously injured by this time. If not, spread out your party to flank 3 on each side, fire like crazy and fall back with the group being persued by the adra dragon.

first time was like wtf, ok fine you want an o.p attack thats fine. This is 90% chance working ratio of how to kill the damn adra dragon. I think this is the biggest foolproof method ever

1. you need a mage with Max Force Wall, Max fire wall any other raw damage stuff.

2. Load all your character secondary weapon with a ranged attack like blunderbuss/arbalest ect, preferbly something that has a character accuracy specialation perk and something finer or above quality weapon.

3. Rush to the treasure, make the dragon get all upset and chase you, slay minions or just run through them whatever they die pretty fast and the dragons slow.

4. Force Wall the narrow gap, lay onto all the firepower you got. Use ogre summon on the other side of the wall to keep adra dragon occupied with ogres. Lay down fire walls and as much spells that do damage as possible.

5. Dragon should be seriously injured by this time. If not, spread out your party to flank 3 on each side, fire like crazy and fall back with the group being persued by the adra dragon.

Or you can just petrify her for 20 seconds and then destroy her.

• Like 1

I read somewhere they have stealth-nerfed it. No idea, but it was always resisted when i beat her yesterday, including every other prone/sleep spell. Interestingly enough Eders knockdown worked every time.

Just send your tank in with the best defense gear, stay at max range with everythone else and unload at her/heal your tank.  Was very uninteresting in the end.

• Like 1

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

This fight is irritating me.  Playing on Hard its very much unlike any other fight, I don't think I have needed more than 2 tries for anything else and those were few and far between.

The breath is ridiculous.  Its like a 160 degree cone that seems to be unlimited range.  Positioning also gets ****ed up very quickly with the adds charming people left and right.

I read somewhere they have stealth-nerfed it. No idea, but it was always resisted when i beat her yesterday, including every other prone/sleep spell. Interestingly enough Eders knockdown worked every time.

Just send your tank in with the best defense gear, stay at max range with everythone else and unload at her/heal your tank.  Was very uninteresting in the end.

I didnt even need stealth, the dragon triggers to attack you if you get too close to his horde and why risk your tank endurance untill the very end.

Another way you can block the dragon is by using the withdraw spell on your tank, if you use the boots called "dead man stands"  you'll have time to cast withdraw no matter how much damage your tank takes.  The dragon can't get around as long as you are in one of the narrow areas, and if you use the ring that increases the level 1 spell count of your priest then you can do it quite a few times in a row.

It's a BS fight. Any encounter where I have to leave the rest of the party off screen while I send my tank to talk screams inbalance.

And of course, adds that use charm. It's not that charm that bothers me so much, it's how it always lands. High will? Items that add will, talents that boost resist to charm, get charm anyways, always. Kills me.

Sure, petrify is great if it lands. It didn't? Time to reload.

• Like 1

I too found this one hard, and opted to just help the dragon instead of whipe again. At this point I went for a stroll and realised all the adds were green.

At this point, positioned my team near the adds that charm and the fight went as follows:

1. killed charm adds (dragon so slow, they were dead before he could reach me)

2. summoned all adds I could (quick items, Mage + Chanter summons)

3. send my adds to tank the dragon

4. Team steam rolled adds near dragon's horde

5. went to work on the dragon

My fighter tank never came close to death, my paladin and priest both had "second chance" items equipped which allowed me several opportunities to rez the squishies.

6. apply debuffs, continue to dps, profit

Looks like others found strategies without as much work, but I really enjoyed the fight once I tipped the scales in my favour :)

It's a BS fight. Any encounter where I have to leave the rest of the party off screen while I send my tank to talk screams inbalance.

And of course, adds that use charm. It's not that charm that bothers me so much, it's how it always lands. High will? Items that add will, talents that boost resist to charm, get charm anyways, always. Kills me.

Sure, petrify is great if it lands. It didn't? Time to reload.

Yeah they really need to look at the way confuse/charm/dominate/petrify work.  They are all way too powerful and with the miss/graze/hit/crit mechanics its really ****ing hard to keep those status effects off you if even you have relatively high defenses for those attacks.  Even that high level Priest spell that is supposed to help with charm/dominate does not really work.

I too found this one hard, and opted to just help the dragon instead of whipe again. At this point I went for a stroll and realised all the adds were green.

At this point, positioned my team near the adds that charm and the fight went as follows:

1. killed charm adds (dragon so slow, they were dead before he could reach me)

2. summoned all adds I could (quick items, Mage + Chanter summons)

3. send my adds to tank the dragon

4. Team steam rolled adds near dragon's horde

5. went to work on the dragon

My fighter tank never came close to death, my paladin and priest both had "second chance" items equipped which allowed me several opportunities to rez the squishies.

6. apply debuffs, continue to dps, profit

Looks like others found strategies without as much work, but I really enjoyed the fight once I tipped the scales in my favour :)

That sounds like a good plan.  In my last attempt, post Scale Breaker, I did something like that but not as well executed and it came down to all the adds being dead and the dragon being 'near death' and my PC, a Ranger.  He could not seal the deal, unfortunately.  I gave up on it and moved on.  I will revisit at some point.

The part of that plan that doesn't work for me is the "My fighter tank never came close to death", I don't see how this is possible, with Eder his reflexes cap around 127 with snake reflexes, a suberb heavy shield, and a protection ring, that's not really enough to prevent him from being two shot by that breath attack.  Maybe I will look for resting and food buffs that increase it as well, and maybe perception items.

Edited by Climhazzard

The part of that plan that doesn't work for me is the "My fighter tank never came close to death", I don't see how this is possible, with Eder his reflexes cap around 127 with snake reflexes, a suberb heavy shield, and a protection ring, that's not really enough to prevent him from being two shot by that breath attack.  Maybe I will look for resting and food buffs that increase it as well, and maybe perception items.

Potions?  I have not really used consumables, or traps, or scrolls to this point but I will load up on them when I attempt the Adra Dragon next.

Seriously now, you don't even need cheese to beat the dragon with a suboptimal party.

The dragon nukes several party members at once ? Don't put all eggs in the same basket !!! Send Eder downwards, along the edge of the cliff. The dragon will come and face away from your party. He will only breath at Eder, who can take it with some potions of Major Endurance and displaced image potions. Second Chance is good too.

The rest of the party can circle around, and attack the dragon from behind. As long as Eder is not down, he will focus on him and area attacks will only affect one.

This sounds like a basic tactic, doesn't it ? In face of area attacks, spread your party. You can even surround the dragon if you feel like it. This way you can kill the dragon through brute force.

Sounds good to me! You drink a potion of Major Endurance between breaths. In my case I used about 3 during an entire fight, but they're cheap enough that you can craft 4x5 = 20 if you really want.

Edited by b0rsuk

It took me sometime to understand that I had to be far away. But then, with some figurine dragon fodder, Ninagauth's Freezing Pillars and Sunlances it was actually one of the easiest fights in the game. Ok, I was overkilled in the first three atempts... but once you know her range there is no problem.

Edit: here is the end of the fight:

post-111143-0-56832700-1429501176_thumb.jpg

I used some consumables and scrolls because some characters didn't survive the first tries*, but I don't think it made any difference this time, because the enemies were attacking the figurine fools and I still had some unused. Some Xaurips did attack Eder, but ignored the others.

Now I remember that I used Consecrated Ground, so maybe somebody got hurt and regenerated, but some people came with less than maximum health.

* I mean they didn't survive the first attack lol. The others died a little later.

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg