[Bug - 1.03] Long Pause on Inventory/Equip

McMayhem

Question

So I talked about a bug like this before, which seemed to be fixed by starting a new game. However, it is now back and the same hallmarks have come with it. It starts with an arduously long load time, followed by a 15 second delay whenever trying ti go to the inventory or changing equipment.

I'll post my specs from last time.

PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS GET BURIED AGAIN

I want to play this game, I love the story so far but I'm simply not going to put up with crap like this happening every time I get into the story. This is the second one of my character saves that have been ruined by this kind of bug. I'm sorry if this comes off as a bit frustrated, but I really am kind of pissed at this point. I would appreciate some kind of acknowledgment that this is either being looked into or can be fixed by some kind of work around.

This appears to be a culprit in the matter: 

Paperdoll Character doesn't have the specified bone (secondaryWeapon) for Weapon Attachment.

My system specs are:

--------------------------------------------

RAM: 32 GB

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Graphics Card:[SLI x 2] Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 Ti | Mem: 2680MB (x2)

----------------------------------------------------

Graphics Card 1:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 2680 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2966 MB
Shared Memory: 3809 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: ASUS VK278
Monitor Id: ACI27F7
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI

Graphics Card 2:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 2680 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2966 MB
Shared Memory: 3809 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: ASUS VK278
Monitor Id: ACI27F7
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Clip On. Range: L 0, R 1920, T 0, B 1080

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Paperdoll Character doesn't have the specified bone (secondaryWeapon) for Weapon Attachment.

Can not play a disabled audio source

(Filename:  Line: 377)

Edited by McMayhem

Knife-fight-plunger-lick.gif?

7 answers to this question

Just a little update on this. I've found that there are certain points where the game returns to normal behavior, and I'm able to enter the inventory screen without any pauses. This will continue for the duration of my playthrough. However, when I exit the game and come back, the issue persists. I haven't been able to figure out if the game fixed itself or something I did temporarily stopped the problem.

Whatever it is seems related to the character display in menus (Persona/Level Up/etc). 

How frequently are you guys using the Debug.Log() function? The output log doesn't seem overly verbose, but Unity is notorious for slowing down whenever trying to log too many things at once.

Again, just even a nod to let me know this is even being looked at would be fantastic.

Thanks

I've now tried re-installing the game, though it has had no effect. I've even tried loading saves before this issue started happening, and they have the bug now too.

Just a note, a single sentence from one of the QA testers saying that this is even being thought about being looked into, would be nice. Starting to get that buyers remorse vibe from these support forums.

Hi McMayhem,

Do you have a save game where this is occurring 100% of the time? and can you also grab your output log for us? Thanks!

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Hi McMayhem,

Do you have a save game where this is occurring 100% of the time? and can you also grab your output log for us? Thanks!

Thank you very much for looking into this. I'll upload my output log to this reply. I do have a save with this happening 100% of the time and I can send you guys that via email if you like.

Neither of the uploaders will let me upload either the log itself or a rar containing the log. I'm going to host it on the web and give you a link. This will have both the log and the save where this is occurring.

http://www.viewpointgames.net/Downloads/bugged_poe_save.rar

That's got the save and the log. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you again for responding.

Guest Matt Sheets

Hello,

Are you also having a delay with voice overs?

Users are reporting that there's a constant delay for VO, music, and inventory.  To attempt to fix the issue, please disable Hamachi, TCP/IPv6 protocol, and VPNs.

Hello,

Are you also having a delay with voice overs?

Users are reporting that there's a constant delay for VO, music, and inventory.  To attempt to fix the issue, please disable Hamachi, TCP/IPv6 protocol, and VPNs.

I was also having trouble with the voices, yes. However, I do not have Hamachi. I also tried another person's method of blocking internet access via my firewall to the game, which didn't work.

There was one incident where I was able to start a new game and fix the problem. Loading a save from this fixed state did clear the issue, but when my party died, the issue popped back into place and I was experiencing the same problems. 

EDIT: I just tried disabling TCP/IPv6 Protocol on my network adapter, and the issues seem to have stopped completely. I guess my firewall just didn't do a good enough job of halting access.

Thank you guys SO much. Now at least I can play the game smoothly until an official fix arrives. I really appreciate the help, guys. 

Edited by McMayhem