Would you consider opening a public bug tracker for Pillars of Eternity?

shmerl

Question

While reporting issuess on the forum is done by some studios, it's not really as effective and useful as using a proper bug tracker. Especially for tracking progress and finding workarounds.

Some time ago, community opened an unofficial bug tracker for the Linux version of the Witcher 2, and developers found it to be very useful, so not only they started participating in it, they even took it over as an official one:

https://github.com/virtual-programming/witcher2-linux/issues

https://github.com/virtual-programming/witcher2-linux

Would you consider doing something similar for the Pillars of Eternity? It can help both you and the community, and it's a more effective two way street.

• Like 12

Yeah. The combination of both is good way to go now for bug visibility... However, I wouldn't advice to purposely withhold information when posting on forum. It seems to me easier and constructive simply post the same text...

You can't match them 1:1 anyway, and that's the whole point (attachments, pastebins, error logs and so on).

Edited by shmerl

Yeah. The combination of both is good way to go now for bug visibility... However, I wouldn't advice to purposely withhold information when posting on forum. It seems to me easier and constructive simply post the same text...

You can't match them 1:1 anyway, and that's the whole point (attachments, pastebins, error logs and so on).

Sorry. I didn't wan to imply 1:1 :) Just basic report, or when there is some useful information for players, for example, etc...

Sorry. I didn't wan to imply 1:1 :) Just basic report, or when there is some useful information for players, for example, etc...

Sure, I didn't mean to imply that something should be artificially withheld there. Just whatever is more comfortably expressed through the bug tracker, can be done there, and here just the link would suffice.