Can I play now? Or too many system bugs still present?

I'll be quick.... had to start over because of all the pre-1.0.3 bugs. I don't have a ton of time these days to game but I'm really super enjoying PoE. But I don't have time to start over yet again because of system/mechanics/quest breaking bugs.

Can I "safely" play this game now? Or should I wait for another patch? I don't mind little bugs and things but bugs that break the game systems and mechanics are too much for me.

Thanks for the advice!

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

Looking like I'll be waiting... for I don't know how long before I can have a stable play through. Bummer... :(

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

Check these for starters:

Damage calculation bug

[bUG][1.03] Items disappear when dismissing a companion

[microrant] Ugh, this happened with Wasteland 2 (They are still patching it, waiting to play), Shadowrun Returns (finally playable) and Divine Divinity (They are still patching it, waiting to play). Oh and I'm still waiting to play Dragon Age: Inquisition because of the party banter bugs, I might not ever be able to play that one. [/micorant]

Edited by AstroCat

You could safely play the game *before* the patch unless you were particularly unlucky or did 2 unadvisable things, I certainly did *and* it was great. 

Yep. I thought they were easily manageable. I hoped it would be an easy thing to fix them.

You could safely play the game *before* the patch unless you were particularly unlucky or did 2 unadvisable things, I certainly did *and* it was great. 

Whatever those two things are, are they fixed in the 1.0.3?

The patch notes said they were. I was hoping the patch took care of any dangerous bugs.