So is there any safe way to respec your companions? I read about IEmod

Like many other people here I feel that my companions are useless. As a Paladin I'm more or less screwed for not going mechanics as when I did manage to pick up my new companions they all had botched skills.

The attributes I guess I can live with but some of the talents are just horrendous.

So my question is if there is any safe and well working way to change my companions? Like putting them back to level 1 and then letting me choose how they level up. I know people have mentioned IEmod but I've also read it's not working perfectly. Being able to keep getting achievements would also be a plus

Edited by cane

I'm in the same boat. I'm a bit of a control-freak in regards to things like this, but playing with only custom characters is out of the question. Companion interactions and such is such an essential part of these sorts of games that I won't throw that away.

Apparently IEmod has a respec function, but I've heard that this is "buggy", though I've never heard anyone say exactly WHAT is bugged with it...

I suppose the other way to handle it is to just make an effort to get your companions relativly early, and then make manual edits to stats and talents via cheat commands. As long as you don't mess around with this more than you have to I have a hard time seeing how swapping out a talent or moving some stat points around could bug out anything.

-Stigma

IE Mod Works fine, just make sure when you respec someone you immediately go level them up, the issues occur when you do various things while having a lvl 0 character in your party.

The Mod fixes Sagani's custom pet automatically, but Hiravias will lose his special form. You can get it back using the Add/RemoveTalent commands to replace his form with the special one and the associated 1/rest ability.

• Like 1

Hi, talking about respec, I want to respec my Rogue into a Paladin, but I want to choose Goldpact Knight as the order, yet I never receive the chance to choose the Order at all. Is there a talent/ability or whatever I have to manually add ? or what then?

IE mod worked fine for me.  I restarted as pal because I missed some resolve dialog I really wanted and knew it was going to keep happening and figured I could just make the other chars, didnt matter to me if my PC was the boring tank, i got 5 more.  I then started feeling kinda bad about having no official NPC flavor dialog so I grabbed IE Mod and stuck all my favorite people in the party and made em what I wanted them to be.. a bit of a pain in the ass modifying every single attribute (add to this one, take from that one to keep in line with what points I weould of had) and I had to change eder to a cipher which annoys me slightly but I really wanted a cipher.  Ended up running eder (cipher), sagira, durance and Kana.. will also use mother when I get her.. The wizard guy got on my nerves so I opted out of him so I'll have to reroll mother as my wizard or cipher when I get her.

I doubt theres anyway to keep achievements and have the party you want without hiring an entire party from the inn but I care nothing for achievements so I jumped all over IE Mod for the better gameplay experience

Edited by vistani

From a new game, you can pick up the first 4 companions at lvl2 if you want, if you know where they are and just rush to get them w/out really doing any fighting or anything. The others not sure, a little tougher, unless you set it to Easy initially maybe. Maybe lvl 3 for those. But yeah...it's kind of annoying and definitely need to cheat/use a mod etc if you want them all to be from lvl1.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

IEMod works mostly.

Sometimes some talents (racial or specific) are lost through respeccing, so I would take some printscreens of the character sheet before reseting to check afterward.

I had the problem with Kana, Iemod did not add the Aumana racial talent so I had to add it manually after respec. You will find all the documentation needed on the mod page.

http://rien-ici.com/iemod/pillars_of_eternity