I reskinned the wolf and cat spirit forms

I wasn't completely happy with how the spiritshift forms looked, so I made some new textures.

Here's how they look.  The goal was to make them look a bit more like natural animals, and downplay the "evil monster" look of the originals.

You can download the mods at: http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/34/? and http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/35/?

I'm a bit worried that the mods will stop working when the next patch is released, since the other spiritshift mods broke after the last patch.  Hopefully, Obsidian can prevent that next time.

Edited by artifex
  • Like 6

Oh wow, nice job! :) 

I like that Obsidian tried to make the forms more omnious and other-wordly but I feel like they should have all been more like the stag.. Also, the puff at the end of the cats tail looks off to me.

I really like the panther, i will download and use this! :) Have you thought of doing a winter wolf? 

• Like 1

Agree with the others, a nice job you did with those.

<----My cat Mr. Black approves of the black panther one especially. :biggrin:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Great job.

I also like the originals, but variety is always welcome :)

I really like the panther, i will download and use this! :) Have you thought of doing a winter wolf? 

A winter wolf would be great for a druid from the White that Wends.

(Polar bear while you're at it?)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I still can't help but wonder WTF Obsidian were thinking when they decided to call those things wolves and cats......those are most definitely not Wolves or Cats.....I don't know what they are but they're definitely not wolves or cats ok!! I know what wolves look like and I know what cats look like.....those are not it.

Now presumably they need help so I'll post some pictures for Obsidian's sake.

Wolves look like this: 140131083410-large.jpg

Cats look like this: Bengal-Cat.jpg

We humans have an entire thing dedicated only to cat pictures...it's called the internet.

1zq6793.jpg

• 3 years later...