Simple as the title says.  As I ahve lost a lot of potential Gaming Time due to the 32-bit-bug I want to reduce the time needed exploring to find the better Weapons.

What I am asking you, who ahve not been thus handicapped by bad luck (and 32 missing bits in your Window piece ^^) is to edit the list with the following info:

Weapon Type, Weapon Quality/Enchantments, where to get it, what needs doind (with as litlte spoiler as possible) to get it. All in Act 1 or at most early Act 2 (say everything before goijng "full" Defiance bay, so no long quests there, but going there is OK).

Example: "Name" (forgot it^^): X Sword, fine, accuracy Bonus against Ghosts, Deflection malus, found by killing the Shades at the start of Odh Nuas Main hall.

Thanks in advance

Hey gona help you with one here : Pistol , The Dissapointer - in Tutorial Map ( Encampement ) Your character needs to start with 1 Mechanics , its in a camp past the river in hidden stash ( you need to be in stealth mode to find that and you need mechanics )

You either can sell this to NPC vendor in tutorial map for 750 c ( do this before **** goes down tho because other vendors wont pay this much for it) or you can keep it and try to find ingredients for a proper enchantment asap because this weapon is a true dissapointment and comes with enchant called "terrible"

You can get a fine Great Sword or Poleaxe (maybe other 2-handers) in Magran's fork SW of the Adra pillar, and a Fine War(?) Bow in the S-SW of Black Meadow to the West of the spiders (there's a hidden spot near the easternmost tent, as well).

Not counting the ones you can buy from merchants:

Whispers of Yenwood - Od nua - you mentioned this one

Larder door - shield - Bash - reward a quest in gilded vale (sorry forgot which one)

Gauns Share - Flail - Catacombs in Defiance Bay -  Draining, 30% graze-to-hits, fine

Aatuuk - Dagger - Reward for killing the animancer who took the lords daughter in dyrwood - Exceptional, 10% crit, 5 accuracy

Tidefall - Greatsword - Secret, found in the pile of gold of the dragon Cilent in the Fiery Pools (needs 8-9 mechanics to find) - Superb, DOT, Draining

Leadspitter - Quest reward for killing Ogre in Dyrwood from Rumbald

I saw that thread.

However I do not want to know EVERY location of every "named" Weapon, i am looking for every "really good Weapon (named or not) early in the Game.

I DO intend to explore a fine bit later on, just not too fond of wasting more time than necessary due to my ... problems with loading, see above.

So: still thankful for more Info!

You can get a fine Great Sword or Poleaxe (maybe other 2-handers) in Magran's fork SW of the Adra pillar, and a Fine War(?) Bow in the S-SW of Black Meadow to the West of the spiders (there's a hidden spot near the easternmost tent, as well).

fine War bow isnt set drop from that body in Black Meadow it might as well be fine hunting bow which is so much worse than warbow ( fine hunting bow worse than warbow without fine) got burned like this on my solo playtrough with quickswitch gunner... There is also a fine pistol in Angass Compass cave tho battle isnt the easiest one in the cave if you are soloing or runing not with full party)

fine War bow isnt set drop from that body in Black Meadow it might as well be fine hunting bow which is so much worse than warbow ( fine hunting bow worse than warbow without fine) got burned like this on my solo playtrough with quickswitch gunner... There is also a fine pistol in Angass Compass cave tho battle isnt the easiest one in the cave if you are soloing or runing not with full party)

That's sad, I hope I always get a fine war bow from that place.  Feels pretty cool running around with that bow when I'm pulling things.

Go to the Salty Mast, get a ring from the drunk, and talk to the shopkeeper at the club.  He sells unique items, apparently stocking any that you would have missed by doing quests in a way that doesn't reward you the item.

Most of them are fine versions with a funny name. Nothing special.

Go to the Salty Mast, get a ring from the drunk, and talk to the shopkeeper at the club.  He sells unique items, apparently stocking any that you would have missed by doing quests in a way that doesn't reward you the item.

Not items you've missed, entirely different collection. Most of those are just fine/exceptionals with no other specials + backer descriptions are missing. Still - it is the best way to get an exceptional weapon at level 3 (if you go straight through the crit path and crit path only) which is a huge boost to efficiency

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the spots have a semi-randomized drop. A ranged weapon spot could be any ranged weapon. The spot at the Adra columns where you get Durance I've seen with 3 different two-handed weapons. Three is not a great baseline, but probably that spot will pick a random 2-H fine weapon to spawn there when you enter the zone for the first time each game.

There's a fine arbalest in anslog's compass, and  Kana comes with an arbeques that you can transfer to whoever needs it more.

I just got a fine crossbow from the location where I was used to get the fine arbalest. Was it patched by 1.03 or is it random?

Probably random. Even the cape with Freeze DR in the Black Hound is not guaranteed as I've noticed other places to drop minor loot randomly.

Some of the spots have a semi-randomized drop. A ranged weapon spot could be any ranged weapon. The spot at the Adra columns where you get Durance I've seen with 3 different two-handed weapons. Three is not a great baseline, but probably that spot will pick a random 2-H fine weapon to spawn there when you enter the zone for the first time each game.

That is not consistent with my observations, at least not quite. While loot is generated upon entering area, reloading another save and then reloading position before looting can generate different loot. So yes and no. The seed can change even after entering area.

edit: Another way to get decent weapon early is to .. enchant. The mats are there, in the game world, to be picked up.

Edited by knownastherat

Three is not a great baseline, but probably that spot will pick a random 2-H fine weapon to spawn there when you enter the zone for the first time each game.

That's what I thought at first, but I tested this like 5 times the other day (yes, I reloaded in the previous area before entering that one for the first time) and I always got the same weapon. I've got different ones in other playthroughs, but I couldn't say exactly when the game decides what loot is in there.

Edit: Just saw knownastherat's post. Looks like we have different experiences then, or maybe I'm just extremely (un?)lucky.

Edited by CriticalFailure

Three is not a great baseline, but probably that spot will pick a random 2-H fine weapon to spawn there when you enter the zone for the first time each game.

That's what I thought at first, but I tested this like 5 times the other day (yes, I reloaded in the previous area before entering that one for the first time) and I always got the same weapon. I've got different ones in other playthroughs, but I couldn't say exactly when the game decides what loot is in there.

Edit: Just saw knownastherat's post. Looks like we have different experiences then, or maybe I'm just extremely (un?)lucky.

Not sure, I have not tested it thoroughly. Perhaps depending on container. Though I have tested it now it does not seem to work.

The saber "Purgatory" has a draining effect, but is not available until almost the end of the game and is easily missable.  The stilleto "Oidhreacht" is the only stiletto with a draining effect, you get it from the spiders on the first level of Od Nua, it's easy to get at the beginning of the game.

By the way I noticed an earlier post in the thread placing the flail "Gaunn's Share" in the defiance bay catacombs, but it's actually in the Temple of Eothas found in Gilded Vale.

Here is a relatively spoiler free list from the wiki, though I doubt it is completely free of spoilers.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Unique_Weapons

It's not yet complete for all the weapon locations, for example it doesn't list the location of the purgatory saber, which is a very good weapon, but it's still a pretty good resource.

Was trying to come up with a list, but it was awful, so instead here's a link to a thread with additional information about weapon locations.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74340-named-weapon-locations/page-6

Edited by Climhazzard