Game Difficulty for Solo Playtrough

Hello , lets say if i wanted to do a solo playtrough BUT without abusing cheese tactics and ingame bugs , i heard its not doable on hard without cheesing so normal then ? any1 done proper solo playtrough on normal ? are there fights that requires some abusing of bugs ? wanted to try solo Island Aumua Ranger with bear pet and atleast 4 pistols and quick switch ,  playtrough  some time in the near future , wondering if i should go Ironman Mode easy , or Normal with reloads 

There's been some threads in the Character Builds/Strategies forum on this subject, including this one. Might want to look around that forum for others as well.

...but in general, I think it largely depends on what class you pick and of course gear planning. Some classes just aren't well suited for it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have seen those threads , they all include some deep discussion how to abuse bugs and cheese tactics that is not what i have asked , also i stated the class i plan to do it but thats not the key , this is a general question : Is Normal difficulty doable solo without abusing of bugs and cheese tactics ? or should i go easy . If yes then another question is how tough is it Ironmanable or not ? 

Edited by Exoduss

Yeh good idea with all this PoTD i forgot i could just change difficulty while playing ... and ur prob right about ironman , even if i will go ironman i plan to have something like backup save done manually when i reach certain points in the game like : first town , stronghold , defiance etc ( i assume its still posible to find ironman savefile in game folder and just copy it somewhere else ) 

I am not sure anyone (who posts on these forums) has actually finished the game solo yet, let alone done so on multiple difficulties to assess what's accurately possible. I haven't paid super close attention to those threads, but it seemed like they were still in the process of attempting it (maybe I'm wrong on that).

So I and probably many others can only guess, based on what we've seen in the game. My guess is that without "cheese" - depending on one's definition of cheese - it would be pretty difficult to accomplish on anything above Normal.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I am not sure anyone (who posts on these forums) has actually finished the game solo yet, let alone done so on multiple difficulties to assess what's accurately possible. I haven't paid super close attention to those threads, but it seemed like they were still in the process of attempting it (maybe I'm wrong on that).

So I and probably many others can only guess, based on what we've seen in the game. My guess is that without "cheese" - depending on one's definition of cheese - it would be pretty difficult to accomplish on anything above Normal.

It's been done by a few people using cheddar. One used rogue and pathing abuse(me) and another is pretty deep in abusing retaliation barbarian parmesian. There's a few other people who have apparently done it before as well.

^ ^

+1 for the cheese terms. heh. And for achieving it solo yourself. I might try it on Easy some time, but probably not for some weeks. I'm super slow even to finish a game like this once.