Quest bug: the masters tools

eos666

Question

im in the endless path lvl 12 right now in front ot tcharek who is supposed to give me the masters tools quest. however when i walk in the room the npcs are already red and atack me, tcharek will talk to me and give me the quest but will still attack me afterwards.

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue. As soon as I walk into the room Tcharek will start talking to me and give me the quest. I've tried multiple dialogue options and they all end with a Tcharek et al. attaching me once the dialogue ends.

I tried going back to an old save and restarting the map from scratch but that hasn't helped either. Next I'm going to try going through the map on the far left to see if I can manage to only kill spiders and no vithracks. But so far it looks like something is bugged with Tcharek's scripting. 

so... anyone else? any ideas when this will get fixed? because its pretty game braking if you cant advance further into the endless depths after lvl 12 without having to kill a whole npc faction first, loosing quests and exp!

Just reached the same place, same problem.

Hey eos666,

Can you send me your save file? I want to give this a look see on our end.

Thanks

i pmed you the savegame, but heres the link in case anyone else wants to take a look: http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/d05bae7fffbc4ba6b9b1d89e0b28810613761718endlesspathsofodnualevel12

heres my save again on a different host: https://www.sendspace.com/file/c1sxyb

would the others also provide their saves pls so we can have several for the devs to look at?

I was able to load your save and see the issue but I have had no luck reproducing this issue on my own. That being said, I've added an issue to our database and attached all your information. We will work for a fix in a future patch.

Thanks for all the extra effort in regards to this issue

• Like 1

For me the issue was caused by installing IE mod. I reverted the mod by changing Assembly-CSharp.dll back to it's original version in ../SteamApps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity_Data/Managed. 

After I did this, I re-entered the floor again so that it autosaved the floor level enterence (I think it might be caused by disabling autosave with the mod). The first two Vithracks before the spiderweb bridge agro-ed me as usual, but Tcharek and his buddies were green when I got to them and never attacked me.