Outer range spells bug

nemesis205bw

Question

To reproduce:

-create cipher with maxed int and take any aoe targeted spell

-when you try to cast it you will see only the "base" range.

It can be fixed by right clicking on that spell for description, then it will show the outer range from your int. After reload or map change it bugs again. Very annoying.

16 answers to this question

I think you are mistaken in thinking that the outer circle represents your added range due to INT. The inner circle means taht everyone in this circle will be hit by the spell (enemies and allies), while the outer circle means only enemies will be hit. The scaling due to INT works both for the inner and outer circles.

I think you are mistaken in thinking that the outer circle represents your added range due to INT. The inner circle means taht everyone in this circle will be hit by the spell (enemies and allies), while the outer circle means only enemies will be hit. The scaling due to INT works both for the inner and outer circles.

You dont get it... When I right click on description it "fixes" this problem untill I reload or change map. Before update everything was ok.

Edited by nemesis205bw

I also have this bug and it was reported before. Also although the circle is not updated for the correct range the spell itself will hit targets in correct area (tested myself and reported before).

P.S.

czinczar you are wrong what you are saying goes against spell description and game mechanics, test it for yourself before posting on this issue again please.

Create caster class with high int and take any aoe spell. Try to cast it:

VLHVSDp.png

As you see there is no outer range even tho this char have 18 int. Now right click on that spell description:

H8NPtmv.png

Now try to cast that spell again:

Q72qTV8.png

As you see it is fixed now. However it will reset each time you change map or reload.

And something for that troll:

I am telling you both circles scale with INT, just test it.

0bmVHMS.png

I hacked with console 100 int on that char. As you can see only outer circle increased. Dont talk next time if you arent 100% sure about something.

Edited by nemesis205bw

Does the bug only affect the visual indicator or does it actually ignore the boosted AoE in combat?

Only visual, tested that too. But its annoying because you cant tell if you will hit enemy or he is out of range.

Edited by nemesis205bw

This is indeed a bug, it's been reported several times. You can temporarily "fix" it by right clicking on the spell in your ability bar. This needs to be done every time you load, for every spell.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73011-aoe-bonuses-from-intellect-stopped-working-on-cipher-spells/

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72972-is-the-area-of-effect-bonus-from-int-bugged/

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72370-aoe-highlighting-bug/

Edited by kad032000