Why is faith and conviction combat only?

Because balance, of course.

No, but seriously, this obviously ties into the "No Pre-Buffing" topic. Obviously.

It does, actually since it proves that pre-buffing is quite possible within the system, and not some sort of magically unsolvable  programming problem.

Because balance, of course.

No, but seriously, this obviously ties into the "No Pre-Buffing" topic. Obviously.

It does, actually since it proves that pre-buffing is quite possible within the system, and not some sort of magically unsolvable  programming problem.

Well we already knew that. There's much more "obvious" buffs than this one. The "programming limitation" and the "Unity issue" was never true. Or maybe it was true at some point in the Alpha or the early Beta, and then just repeated ad infinitum, but either way it has no bearing on reality as it stands.

Resting bonuses persists through savegames. Auras persists through savegames (hilariously, Zealous Charge is Combat Only, but not Zealous Focus, because apparently consistency is not a big thing in PoE), Food buffs persists through savegames, etc, etc, etc.

Faith & Conviction being Combat Only is likely just a needless artifact from back when pretty much everything was Combat Only on principle. Now only some things are Combat Only because lolrandum ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and badwrongfun buffing.

t50aJUd.jpg

I'm more concerned that Faith and Conviction doesn't increase or decrease with Reputation if the character is not the main character.

I'm just starting to really play this game, so this question just came to mind: Sporting two frontline paladins (custom made sidekicks), is it really so that my "Devotion and Conviction" will not affect them at all? My first little tests seem to show me exactly that: As long as it's not your main char, your behavior has no effct on the paladins.

Is there prove on that? Anything official? :-/

Thank you for the replies! I just took a look into the manual, and there I found the "magnificient" line stating what we experienced, too:
"Fon non-player character paladins, this bonus is fixed."
From a roleplaying perspective, this takes so much fun out of strictly behaving in a certain manner - 'no matter what'.

On the other hand, this keeps us from bringing too many paladins upfront, right? :blink:
So far, even bringing two really gave me the upper hand in the first harder encounters.