EXP balance concern: Mechanics skill

I never felt like returning to a place just to disarm traps - the exp is extremely minimal for doing so, and the game currently gives you a bit too much exp which can lead to reaching the exp cap in act 2. You're not missing much if you don't disarm every trap and pick every lock. Doing so will just make you reach the cap a tiny bit faster.

Indeed, I haven't reached levelcap yet so I don't have the full picture. But if it can be reached so early then EXP itself doesn't have much value which is even worse.

It can only be reached that early if you do literally every possible side quest.  I've been taking my time with a lot of diversions and I'm at level 9 at the start of act 3.  To be maxed out by that point could only result from going full completionist.

As others had guessed I use Durance as Mechanics guy cause you always need a cleric in a party (though I don't think it's really truth in PoE), Also you don't have any Rogue character - or even anyone with matching personality - which is unexpected for this kind of game. Anyway, Durance unlocks and brings EXP for all the party. Praise the whore.