What was your ending and how did you get it?

So I just finished the game and I was shocked by the fact that very few things had a positive ending. I was curious what outcomes everyone got for the various endings and how they came about them.

I chose Berath's plan for the souls and destroyed Thaos' soul. The country slowly recovered and began to regain confidence in the gods now that Waidwen's Legacy was no longer affecting their young, and a new generation of children came to be in a spring of births.

I chose to turn off the machine Engwithan machine in Defiance Bay, and the Leaden Key came and reenected history.

I sided with the Crucible Knights, fought against animancy in the trials, and gave the Crucible Knights 'credit' for their help in uncovering the source of Waidwen's Legacy, and encouraged them to continue making their artificial soldiers. Looters ravaged Defiance Bay for a time, but order was slowly restored by the Crucible Knights through the use of their constructed soldiers. In the end, the High Justiciar was consumed by the power he wielded and took over Defiance Bay with an iron fist by enacting martial law.

Gilded Vale struggled without a genuine ruler and became a relatively laweless but nonetheless thriving location for those that were willing to risk it.

Caed Nua was a bastion and fortress of stability in the land. Impenetrable even by the greatest of forces, he strove through the test of time and greatly influenced the region, hosting a wealth of dignitaries and culture. With the 'Master Below' defeated, the stronghold survived the test of the ages unimpeded by devasting attacks from below.

Eder settled down in Dyrwood, eventually becoming mayor and hunting down the remnants of Skaen's cult in the area. The place prospered under his guidance -- he gave the offer of free land to settlers, similar to what was done with Gilded Vale but implemented more honestly.

Aloth sought out what remained of the Leaden Key, hunting down its members in an attempt to fully purge the cult.

Kana returned home. With no true scholarly evidence of his vast findings, he was ostracized by the intellectual community. However, he lived out his days happily maintaining a reputation as an eccentric storyteller of the epic tales he'd learned.

The Grieving Mother settled down, returning to Dyrwood and birthing the first non-Hallowborn child. She worked to rebuild and make up for her mistakes at the Birthing Bell.

Pallegina was exiled from the Vailan Republic after her part in acting out against her orders. Eventually, they took all they could from the trade agreements she helped set up with Twin Elms, dominating trade in the area. She joined a new order of paladins, though always felt out of place and feared by the people around her.

Durance used his powers of Magran only long enough to slay Thaos. Afterwards, he traveled in silent contemplation, wearing his robes as a reminder of the goddess that burnt him, searching for a way to enact his vengeance on the 'fiery whore'.

I encouraged Hiravias to rekindle his relationship with Galawain and kill the other autumn stelgear druid. He returned to his tribe, though they did not welcome him. He fought with the elders, brutalizing them in fierce single combat, until eventually they were forced to concede him a place in the tribe. Despite this, he left to continue his journeys.

Sagani returned to her village, but there was a hollow pit in her when she returned. Drink, dances, hunts -- life in her tribe in general didn't satisfy her anymore. She taught a new generations of hunters, constantly persevering despite the increasingly dangerous and overwhelming odds. Eventually, on a hunt, she pressed up in a dangerous blizzard when all her companions insisted on returning to their village. She was never seen again.

I think (... ?) that's it? I'd love to hear what happened for everyone else -- especially if anyone got a 'good' ending with Sagani, Hiravias, or Pallegina. Was there any evidence for Kana that I missed? Did anyone get a less chipper Eder or Grieving Mother ending? How did the other factions of Defiance Bay fair?

- I chose Rymrgand's path and disintegrated the souls.  Visions of a great exodus were had by many persons around the Dyrwood.  Healthy births resumed, and people began to assume that it was because of the burning of the sanitarium and the mass killing of animancers.

-  I chose to destroy the Engwithan machine, and it took a while for people to move back in, but they did. 

-  I sided with the dozens and argued *for* animancy.   Defiance bay has a chaotic period, but things turn out more or less OK as a recalled.

-  same gilded vale as OP

-  same as OP

- Similar eder ending HOWEVER he didn't become mayor, nor did he interdict the Skaen cult, he just helped turn it into the gilded vale of his youth, on the outside anyways.

-  same aloth as OP

- Similar Kana ending, he didn't get any prestige but was well liked

-  same grieving mother ending

-  I didn't get any mention of negative implications of the trade agreement (I let her do the whole thing) she joins the kind wayfarers and it didnt seem overly negative.

-  Durance burnt himself on a pyre

-  Hiravlas had no ending for me :(

- Sagani became a village elder, and lead her people to a period of increased propserity - eventually another was sent to look for her when she died. 

-

-  I didn't get any mention of negative implications of the trade agreement (I let her do the whole thing) she joins the kind wayfarers and it didnt seem overly negative.

-  Durance burnt himself on a pyre

- Sagani became a village elder, and lead her people to a period of increased propserity - eventually another was sent to look for her when she died. 

For my Pallegina ending, she was exiled and always felt unwanted or out of place. Odd! Interfering with her personal plot must not be good for her ultimately.

Really? Did you not talk to Durance about Woedica's plot?

What did you do for Sagani's personal quest?

I just kept telling Pally to do what she thought was right and saying nothing. 

I got the durance glitch where he wouldn't talk to me about woedica :( So he burnt himself on a pyre - I dont really mind that ending, he was so messed up anyways, he pry is better for it.

I let sagani talk to the stag, and had her tell it about P's family and the village.  Then kept trying to convince her she did the right thing + didn't waste her time. 

I asked promised all gods I would do what they say in exchange for help, and then chose to send the souls randomly throughout the universe because I wanted to screw them all over.

Every god except Wael and Skaen went on a rampage and killed more people than Thaos had in all his lifetimes.

Everything was the same as the OP except Eder went to life a quiet life on a farm somewhere.

The Dozen eventually became the only organization with authority and resembled the Crucible Knights in their earlier years, except for giving harsh punishment as they saw fit.

Sagani went to her tribe to lead them into prosperity ETC.

Also what made you decide against Animancy? I personally see no harm in it, there is only more that can be learned from souls and it seemed as though the sanitarium provided an excellent service of taking care of the people with distorted souls, like the guy that had half a soul and collected peoples faces because he didn't think he had one himself and some other people with soul problems including Aloth, I'd rather have them be guinea pigs for a new science than the other alternative to put them into a jail or execute them.
Ofcourse there are going to be sketchy people or charlatans, but that would happen in any new field of science, Imagine the first mages were probably self proclaimed gods or expert swindlers.
Also Thaos was against it, so in my mind it would probably be extremely useful in dismantling the Engiwithans ( gods ).

I originally posted this in another topic, but I'll just repost it here:

For some reason I kept thinking that the Endless Maze was something akin to 'optional content' I could do whenever I wanted, and even though I hit level 12 right before facing down Thaos I just never bothered to go back and do it. So this meant Kana Rua had a fairly dismal ending where he goes home broken-hearted and solemn.

For that reason (and probably because I didn't have enough time to buy *every* single keep upgrade) I got a bad ending slide for the stronghold, where it 'fell back into disrepair' despite me sinking thousands of gold into it. Was a little annoyed at that, and with the stronghold mechanic in general, which is surprisingly inferior to the one back in NWN2.

Likewise, my companions were a mixed bag: while I tried to get everyone the happy endings I thought they deserved, I wasn't entirely successful in large part because there were some characters I just never used.

For example, Aloth got benched fairly early in my game since I was already a Wizard, and while I did finish his personal quest and talked with him about being with the Leaden Key, I apparently didn't talk to him enough to dissuade him from taking up Thaos' robes after the end and continuing the Leaden Key's work.

Likewise, despite really liking her character I just never bothered to keep Grieving Mother around, so I never go to see the end of her personal quest.

Pallegina's story ended in sadness and exile because I urged her to do the right thing, and sabotaged the trade agreements. :(

At least I got happy endings for Eder, Sagani, Hiravias, and Greiving Mother (despite not finishing her quest).

Durance had an arguably happy ending in that he didn't kill himself and swore vengeance against Magran and Woedica, so I guess that's something.

Eder went on to become mayor of Dyrford and turned it into an echo of what Gilded Vale used to be in his younger years.

Also, I didn't realize you could actually deactivate the Engwithan tower in Heritage Hill and got another depressing ending slide... and I foolishly reneged on my pact with Rymrgand (I was expecting him to punish me, not the innocents of the Dyrwood).

So originally, I went against Rymrgand and instead scattered the souls to places unknown, as Wael wanted. So in retaliation Rymrgand punished the Dyrwood with the worst winter in history and Ondra wreaked economic havoc by sinking many ships sailing to and from the country. What complete jerks.

Later, I reloaded to a save made just before activating the machine and decided to go along with Rymrgand's plan, so that led to a happier ending for the Dyrwood at least.

Hits me right in the feels, Obsidian! You definitely subverted my expectations there. Sometimes trying to do the right thing doesn't always end well.

So I just finished the game and I was shocked by the fact that very few things had a positive ending. I was curious what outcomes everyone got for the various endings and how they came about them.

I chose Berath's plan for the souls and destroyed Thaos' soul. The country slowly recovered and began to regain confidence in the gods now that Waidwen's Legacy was no longer affecting their young, and a new generation of children came to be in a spring of births.

I chose to turn off the machine Engwithan machine in Defiance Bay, and the Leaden Key came and reenected history.

I sided with the Crucible Knights, fought against animancy in the trials, and gave the Crucible Knights 'credit' for their help in uncovering the source of Waidwen's Legacy, and encouraged them to continue making their artificial soldiers. Looters ravaged Defiance Bay for a time, but order was slowly restored by the Crucible Knights through the use of their constructed soldiers. In the end, the High Justiciar was consumed by the power he wielded and took over Defiance Bay with an iron fist by enacting martial law.

Gilded Vale struggled without a genuine ruler and became a relatively laweless but nonetheless thriving location for those that were willing to risk it.

Caed Nua was a bastion and fortress of stability in the land. Impenetrable even by the greatest of forces, he strove through the test of time and greatly influenced the region, hosting a wealth of dignitaries and culture. With the 'Master Below' defeated, the stronghold survived the test of the ages unimpeded by devasting attacks from below.

Eder settled down in Dyrwood, eventually becoming mayor and hunting down the remnants of Skaen's cult in the area. The place prospered under his guidance -- he gave the offer of free land to settlers, similar to what was done with Gilded Vale but implemented more honestly.

Aloth sought out what remained of the Leaden Key, hunting down its members in an attempt to fully purge the cult.

Kana returned home. With no true scholarly evidence of his vast findings, he was ostracized by the intellectual community. However, he lived out his days happily maintaining a reputation as an eccentric storyteller of the epic tales he'd learned.

The Grieving Mother settled down, returning to Dyrwood and birthing the first non-Hallowborn child. She worked to rebuild and make up for her mistakes at the Birthing Bell.

Pallegina was exiled from the Vailan Republic after her part in acting out against her orders. Eventually, they took all they could from the trade agreements she helped set up with Twin Elms, dominating trade in the area. She joined a new order of paladins, though always felt out of place and feared by the people around her.

Durance used his powers of Magran only long enough to slay Thaos. Afterwards, he traveled in silent contemplation, wearing his robes as a reminder of the goddess that burnt him, searching for a way to enact his vengeance on the 'fiery whore'.

I encouraged Hiravias to rekindle his relationship with Galawain and kill the other autumn stelgear druid. He returned to his tribe, though they did not welcome him. He fought with the elders, brutalizing them in fierce single combat, until eventually they were forced to concede him a place in the tribe. Despite this, he left to continue his journeys.

Sagani returned to her village, but there was a hollow pit in her when she returned. Drink, dances, hunts -- life in her tribe in general didn't satisfy her anymore. She taught a new generations of hunters, constantly persevering despite the increasingly dangerous and overwhelming odds. Eventually, on a hunt, she pressed up in a dangerous blizzard when all her companions insisted on returning to their village. She was never seen again.

I think (... ?) that's it? I'd love to hear what happened for everyone else -- especially if anyone got a 'good' ending with Sagani, Hiravias, or Pallegina. Was there any evidence for Kana that I missed? Did anyone get a less chipper Eder or Grieving Mother ending? How did the other factions of Defiance Bay fair?

I went with Hylea because her argument that the cycle exists for a reason and returning the souls to the cycle without allowing them to live the lives they were meant to live isn't any more balanced than restoring them proved persuasive. This has led to a lot of people feeling mighty stupid for killing their Hollowborn children. But there was a resurgence in childbirths and a lot of twins being born, so it kinda evened out.

I wiped Thaos' memories because seriously, soul-killing someone is an incredibly heinous thing to do, but letting the manipulative bastard back into the cycle just for him to regain his memories again when he hits 20 would be incredibly irresponsible. I was considering the imprisonment option, but decided that punishing him when I also have the option to just let him become a better person upon reincarnating would be incredibly petty.

Also turned off the machine, Leaden Key turned it back. In hindsight, I feel pretty stupid, but destroying such a source of potential insight into Engwithan tech would have been barbaric, so I guess I can live with my conscience.

I also sided with the Crucible Knights, but because as a Shieldbearer I was honor-bound (well, more like bribed by the game system) to always tell the truth, couldn't give them credit for my discoveries. Hence I ended up having no influence over their decision-making, so they decided to give up on Mad ScienceTM and return to their blacksmithing roots, which turned out to be a good thing in the end, because this ended up resonating with the zeitgeist, so people flocked to them instead of the unwashed demagogues.

Also, after the end of Waidwen's Legacy, people have decided that animancy was probably not responsible and continued to vivisect people for the greater good restored the Brackenbury Sanitarium and allowed animancers to resume their experiments. Go me.

Since I was to afraid of crashes to ever set foot into Raedric's Hold, the mad ruler ended up hanging every single inhabitant of Gilded Vale over time on that goddamn tree. Damn, that's pretty grim.

Stronghold ended up as a bastion of civilization, despite me skipping the final boss. Weird. (Then again, I suppose it was pretty much trapped down there.)

Edér decided to buddy up with the underground Eothasian resistance movement and became a respected leader among them due to mad skillz.

Aloth went on to dismantle the Leaden Key.

Kana returned home, scholars didn't like him, but he still inspired a lot of people with his message about cooperation and learning from other cultures. Yay! (Yes, he's pretty much my favorite companion.)

Grieving Mother - same as OP

Pallegina was exiled, went on to become a Kind Wayfarer, have a nagging feeling it's the same as OP.

Durance threw his staff on a pyre then jumped on it himself, too. Good riddance.

No idea what happened to Hiravias.

Sagani found the guy he was looking for, 20 years after her adventures with us. By the time she got home, her home village's customs became strange to her, her husband and some of her children have died, but one of her grandchildren (?) has become a renowned huntress, of whom she was very proud.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Oops -- I was for animancy. My bad.

I'm curious what affects the outcome of Eder, Sagani, and Aloth's stories. I followed Eder's quest to its conclusion, but I can't for the life of me remember specific options in the dialogue that would make him live a less prosperous life, other than perhaps being an absolute ass to him. It could have something to do with the Skaen cultist quest, too? The quest log doesn't give much in the way of hints.

I consoled Aloth about his Awakening and told him that Iselmyr was likely brought about because of protective purposes. "After hearing about how Iselmyr stood up to Aloth's father, I suggested that she may be more helpful than Aloth realizes. He acted skeptical, but I believe he's giving the matter some thought." To be fair, I didn't have Aloth in my party for long and it came as a surprise that he was a part of the Leaden Key in the first place.

I don't know what I did about Sagani. I did the whole of her quest towards the very end, and I could have just been too inattentive when I chose dialogue options. My log says "We finally found Persoq. he was a stag, and he'd ben wounded by hunters. Sagani seemed to realize that this was merely a ritual for the comfort of her people back in Massuk. She recited the names of her fellow villagers, but I think she found the entire act rather meaningless." I can probably go back and do the quest over and see what specific choices have to be made to get the 'good' ending.

Also, after the end of Waidwen's Legacy, people have decided that animancy was probably not responsible and continued to vivisect people for the greater good restored the Brackenbury Sanitarium and allowed animancers to resume their experiments. Go me.

Edér decided to buddy up with the underground Eothasian resistance movement and became a respected leader among them due to mad skillz.

Sagani found the guy he was looking for, 20 years after her adventures with us. By the time she got home, her home village's customs became strange to her, her husband and some of her children have died, but one of her grandchildren (?) has become a renowned huntress, of whom she was very proud.

Interesting! I wonder if going with Hylea was what affected people's perceptions of animancy? Or perhaps not giving credit to the Crucible Knights? Did you encourage them to keep creating the golems or whatever they're calling them?

Interesting to see how much variance people are getting in Eder's ending.

I assume you didn't finish Sagani's quest, then?

Edited by Lasci

I think what god you decided to favor might indeed have some impact on what happens to animacy, but it might also have to do with the faction you sided with in Defiance Bay.

Personally, I got "stuck" with the Dozens (like many others on this board) as I didn't realize that accepting their second quest would lock me out of progression with the other factions. Although I tried my best to present a reasoned defense of animancy in the hearing, I suspect the Dozens being on top largely influenced the outcome after the Duc's assassination.

In my ending slides, the Dozens ended up ruling Defiance Bay with grim authority, driving out the Crucible Knights. Animancers fled into the wilderness.

Also, in my case, Sagani completed her quest and went home to live a long life before dying surrounded by multiple generations of family.

I got the same ending with Grieving Mother as the OP, despite never finishing her quest.

And yes, looks like we're seeing a lot of variance in Eder's outcomes.

I wonder what's necessary for Aloth to decide to dismantle the Leaden Key, as opposed to carrying on Thaos' work? And how exactly do we disable the machine in Heritage Hill?

Also, after the end of Waidwen's Legacy, people have decided that animancy was probably not responsible and continued to vivisect people for the greater good restored the Brackenbury Sanitarium and allowed animancers to resume their experiments. Go me.

Interesting! I wonder if going with Hylea was what affected people's perceptions of animancy? Or perhaps not giving credit to the Crucible Knights? Did you encourage them to keep creating the golems or whatever they're calling them?

Interesting to see how much variance people are getting in Eder's ending.

I assume you didn't finish Sagani's quest, then?

Nah, I was supporting animancy and acing pretty much all tests in the dialogue at the end of Act 2. I'm just kinda disappointed it didn't get me actual results. Y'know, aside from those related to inflicting fates worse than death.

Nope. Didn't do anyone's quests aside from Edér, Aloth, Pallegina and Kana.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I can't add much as I forget these endings so quickly, but the game epilogue did mention that my further travels became "hard" because I brought an infant to sun-in-shadows (well noticed game, I couldn't decide what to do about this quest at all ;p) so I was basically lugging a child around with me the entire time... don't ask. Oh yeah, and the birth goddess wasn't so pleased I crossed her so she worked together with the goddess of winged beasts and sent death and destruction of winged creatures and for near a decade the streets of Defiance Bay were ransacked by murderous birds and dead bodies with thousands of puncture marks littered the streets. Lesson: Don't cross the gods, and if you do, bring a flame-thrower.

I love that ending :) I want to play that setting actually, sounds more interesting than the vanilla one.

For me Sagani went back broken and unhappy, leaving to ever more dangerous hunts and disappearing into a blizzard, never to be seen again.

Aloth made it his personal quest to hunt down the Leaden key

Eder became mayor of dyrwood and it prospered.

Kana returned happy and though not with any tangible proof of his theories became a very popular and rich dude ;)

Birthing Mother returned to the Dyrwood to help births. She seemed happy ;)

Durance did what durance does best, lighting fires.

Animancers left to the wilds

Crucible knights hit the Zeitgeist and became very popular ;P

Undead Roderick purged Gilded Vale (Thanks to broken quest I could never actually fight him undead.. so meh!) and killed everyone there, the entire area is now haunted and nobody travels there.

The machine on that hill was re-activated by leaden key and is now a haunted area too. Nobody ventures there :)

Not bad for a first playthrough... this sets the game up nicely for PoEt 2 ;)

Devs better have me stuck with that child in PoEt 2 though as punishment for not deciding ;p

Got a good laugh of Durance burning himself alive, Aloth went back to finish Thaos' work, Raedric turned out ok after...uh..some more purges and brutality as I sent souls to their rightful place.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sided with Hylea and gave the souls back to their rightful owners. Dyrwood celebrated that year in honor of Hylea.

The Knights became respected as they took the mantle of blacksmithing and their old roots once more.

Overloaded the machine in the district, causing people to flock back to it over time.

Few animancers were left though many went on to the outskirts to continue their practice.

Caed Nua became a bastion of greatness. There was also a slide mentioning that I killed the Adra Dragon.

Eder's faith became renewed and formed an underground group to promote Eothas worship in Dyrwood.

Aloth took Thaos' mantle to turn the Leaden Key into an honorable organization, though still keeping the secret of the gods.

Durance vowed revenge against Magran.

Kana became somber after his findings and his research made him a respected voice of reason for Rauatai's isolation from the rest of the world.

Hiravais stayed on Wael's path, enjoying life for what it is.

Sagani became a respected hunter in her hometown and eventually an elder.

Pallegina honored her orders and became respected by the ducs but regretted her decision of crippling Dyrwood.

Grieving Mother birthed the first non-Hollowborn and lived a renewed life.

Also I took the Orlan baby from Act III but never sacrificed it. The final slide mentioned how my journey was going to be even harder due to bringing an infant with me. The image also shows the cloaked figure holding a baby.

-Chose Galawain's path and spread the souls into the Dyrwood. I RPed my character with old Gala as his patron deity, and it seemed the best way to let the people decide what to do with the souls robbed from them. Or somesuch.

-Tore Thaos's soul apart, so he would certainly, completely, definitely trouble no one anymore ever.

-Dozens took over Defiance Bay, and learned from their nemesis the Knights in order to become an organized force.

-Didn't destroy the machine in Heritage Hill. The Leaden Key reactivated it and turned the district into zombies again. Oops.

-Leaden Key was blamed for the riots and the Duke's assassination. Animancy thrives in Defiance Bay.

-Caed Nua is basically the best place ever. Probably because I killed the Master Below.

-Éder became mayor of Dyrford and made it the second best place ever.

-Aloth picked up Thaos's robes and continued his work. I knew I couldn't trust the two-faced bastard.

-I made Pallegina follow her orders and broker trade with Twin Elms. With the Dyrwood strenghtened by the souls, they immediately went to war with the Republics. Yeah, I should have seen that one coming. At least Pallegina gets off scot free.

-Durance sworn off Magran completely, and went on a quest to find some means to kill gods. I wish him luck, I guess?

-Hiravias went back to his village, beat half the elders to a bloody pulp, and when it was announced that they took him back as a hunter he turned away and left like a boss. I love this guy.

-Kana went back to Rauatai and became a voice for isolation after seeing how destructive the teachings of the Engwithans were.

-Grieving Mother birthed the first non-Hollowborn child.

-Sagani searched for her elder for 20 years more, then found him but returned to her village barely recognizing anyone and with her husband dead. Yeah, I'm not skipping on her quest from now on  :(

I have variations on most of the endings. Sagani goes back home and becomes an elder eventually and after she dies another hunter looks for her soul. For Aloth he decides to hunt down and dismantle the remainders of the Leaden Key (but not the **** in Heritage Hill).

The thing that got me was Raedric returning from the dead, killing everyone in Gilded Vale, and ruling over a corpse filled ruin. 

What the hell? What brought that on?

Edited by DCParry

In act III raedric turns into a vampire - you'll notice because your keep should get attacked by the undead a few times - if you talk to the statue she'll tell you he's send you an "invitation" to fight him.  There's also a villager in the black hound in that will tell you about it sometime in act III. 

Dozend took the bay but couldn't hold it or very long and the bay ended in chaos.

Birthing mother returned home but noone was there anymore. She waited for pregnant women she could help .. but never again someone needed her help.

Eder became leader of the underground market *g*.

Aloth hunted down the Leaden Key.

Hiravias became something like a "travling teacher" giving mysterious answares but liked by everyone.

Segani vanished in a blizzard :(. Wished she had a better ending.

Kana went back and became a respected sientist who convinced his people to be open for the world.

Duran keeped his robe. Rest I don't know anymore as I disliked him so much.

PS: the dragon now in the body of the dragon slayer was last seen taking a ship with the gliming amulet around her neck. She had very likely no idear where her journy might go.

Edited by Schakar

And there's already the endings wiki page

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_Endings

I figure to have animancy you can't support the Dozens. And maybe should dissuade the Knights from exploring animancy further. (I testified in favor of animancy during the hearing. But otherwise realized too late to reload that I was locked in with the Dozens and just rolled with them. As a result animancy barely survived underground.)

Aloth keeps nagging me, as I told him to join me as an equal rather than a follower and yet he started working for the Leaden Key anyways.

Durance is way above my head. Me and him are the only two people that deduced a secret Woedica-Magran alliance. And he believed me. Well, I guess when two inflamed minds conjoin everything's possible. Besides, it turned out well for him in the end, so... let's call it a touch of destiny.

The Heritage Hill machine blew up back in my face too. :)

The above are the things I didn't anticipate and would probably change in my perfect playthrough once the bugs are stomped out. :p And maybe try to make Kana into an inspirational explorer rather than a merry eccentric scholar.

The range of options for Sagani surprised me. Fortunately I'm quite happy with setting her on the path of becoming an elder.

Edited by Primislas

Here's my ending.

Link to ending slideshow.

1. Sided with Wael and scattered the trapped souls to an unknown location.
  2. Hylea went postal because I betrayed her.
  3. Gilded Vale is a wild but independent and prosperous community after I killed Lord Raedric twice.
  4. Defiance Bay becomes destabilized after Duc Aevar and Lady Webb are assassinated.
  5. The Knights of the Crucible bring order to chaos. They abandon the RoboCop project and return to their roots as blacksmiths.
  6. Heritage Hill was rebuilt, but because I didn't blow up the machine, the Leaden Key turn it back on and cause a second zombie apocalypse.
  7. Leaden Key was blamed for the rioting in Defiance Bay. The Sanitarium is rebuilt and Animancy prospers. People believe that the riots purged the Leaden Key from Defiance Bay.
  8. Dyrford prospers after the Skaenites were wtfpwned.
  9. Caed Nua is an awesome place.
  10. Pallegina is banished and ends up joining the Kind Wayfarers.
  11. Eder went back home to his family.
  12. Aloth begins dismantling the Leaden Key.
  13. Kana gave up on the holy book he sought and returned to Rauatai and became a lore keeper.
  14. The Grieving Mother went back to Dyrford and helped deliver the first non-Hollowborn child.
  15. Durance wandered, poor and destitute, looking for a way to take revenge on Magran.
  16. Sagani found Persoq twenty years later, then went back home and found that her husband and one of her kids were dead. However, her two remaining kids were successful, and she felt at home with them.
  17. I finally got some sleep. Both in game and in real life, as I went without sleep to play this game. :D
  18. After waking up, I had a long journey to go back home (which I presume is Caed Nua).
Edited by Aron Times

I think what god you decided to favor might indeed have some impact on what happens to animacy, but it might also have to do with the faction you sided with in Defiance Bay.

Personally, I got "stuck" with the Dozens (like many others on this board) as I didn't realize that accepting their second quest would lock me out of progression with the other factions. Although I tried my best to present a reasoned defense of animancy in the hearing, I suspect the Dozens being on top largely influenced the outcome after the Duc's assassination.

In my ending slides, the Dozens ended up ruling Defiance Bay with grim authority, driving out the Crucible Knights. Animancers fled into the wilderness.

Also, in my case, Sagani completed her quest and went home to live a long life before dying surrounded by multiple generations of family.

I got the same ending with Grieving Mother as the OP, despite never finishing her quest.

And yes, looks like we're seeing a lot of variance in Eder's outcomes.

I wonder what's necessary for Aloth to decide to dismantle the Leaden Key, as opposed to carrying on Thaos' work? And how exactly do we disable the machine in Heritage Hill?

If you convince Aloth to put that thing inside him in check, then he learns to be independent, think for himself and thus goes after the leaden key.

If you convice Aloth to let it continue to act as his shield when in danger, he then becomes less independent and takes the role of the Leader.

Disabling the machine in HH is simply overriding it - thus destroying. Got a bad ending for that as it doesnt make sense to me to destroy that which you dont understand, but I went with it anyway even after seeing you get extraordinary rep for its destruction and only major for its shutdown

Aloth keeps nagging me, as I told him to join me as an equal rather than a follower and yet he started working for the Leaden Key anyways.

Before the final fight, Aloth asked my pc if the Leaden Key should remain without a leader once Thaos was dead.

Before the final fight, Aloth asked my pc if the Leaden Key should remain without a leader once Thaos was dead.

Ugh, by Rymrgand's hide, so now I have to bring him along for the final fight on my perfect playthrough? Oh well, maybe it's time to master all those "OP CC" spells everyone's swearing by.

Is there any way to replay just the slideshow after the game is done?  Unfortunately it was very late when I finished the game, and I nodded off a couple times while it was playing, so I don't missed/don't remember some of the endings.  The last save that the game will recognize is just before the battle, which I don't want to replay again without seeing where and/or if I went wrong.  There is another save (game complete) in the save folder, but it was obviously meant to be used by the future expansion, because the game doesn't recognize it; it's as if it wasn't even there.

• 11 months later...

If you find out, please add it to this wiki page, because it's missing that particular bit of information as well.

PS: Maybe it depends on what you respond during the animancy hearings when the duc asks you who helped you discover the things you learned?

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell