Which Classes and Races new portraits would you like to see next?

Race/Class Portraits preference  

357 members have voted

1. 1. Of which race would you like to see new portraits?

2. 2. And of which classes?

I don't think they are rushed or anything. Those you have linked are just a bit more "realistic" looking.

No, it's not the realism. More work clearly went into Wespenfresser's images. LLaney can't spend as much time on a single portrait as Wespen obviously did, I fully recognize that, but I do think the current portraits lack some detail.

I'd also like more variation in expressions. Most of the current portraits either have a faint smile or look disinterested.

EDIT: I don't want to come across the wrong way here: I do like the portraits. It's good artwork and I appreciate the effort that has clearly been put into it. :)

Edited by Serdan

The Godlike, Orlan, and Aumaua desperately need more portraits (the Godlike don't even have one per head shape, let alone one which defines personality), but once there are enough portraits there also needs to be a way to sort them. If I could sort for all Orlan Male portraits, for instance, that would make it a lot easier to see what I had to work with than it is now where I have to scroll through dozens of portraits to see my options are... Limited.

• Like 1

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Moon godlikes especially are just under-represented. All the non-godlikes you can find alternate art somewhere online, but godlikes are lore-specific to this setting so there aren't many options for them.

This, absolutely. You can put together some creative custom portraits for the other races but the Moon Godlike has a very specific description which makes it difficult to find similar images - pictures that feature a humanoid with blue skin, glowing markings, blue hair, horns, a purple halo and a moon are pretty hard to come by!

Creepy and Surreal - Death Godlike PoE Portrait Pack - Last Updated 12 April 2015

I would like some more Orlan portraits, and I would like all the races/sexes to get portraits with the hairstyle that has both sides shaved. I'm not sure what you call that cut, but it's odd they don't have a single portrait with that style.

Undercut! So stylish~

I painted a female dwarf with an undercut. That scarred looking one with the green background, red cape and armor.

Ah that's right, I forgot about that one. We need some male versions though! :D

Orlan portrait selection is terrible right now - and, just like Godlike, their appearances are so distinctive that they really need portraits meant for them specifically.

Moar Orlan plx

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I don't think they are rushed or anything. Those you have linked are just a bit more "realistic" looking.

No, it's not the realism. More work clearly went into Wespenfresser's images. LLaney can't spend as much time on a single portrait as Wespen obviously did, I fully recognize that, but I do think the current portraits lack some detail.

I'd also like more variation in expressions. Most of the current portraits either have a faint smile or look disinterested.

EDIT: I don't want to come across the wrong way here: I do like the portraits. It's good artwork and I appreciate the effort that has clearly been put into it. :)

I prefer the less detailed works. It's the idea of a character and leaves more open to imagination. The more specific, the less it fits with my idea of a character.

They also just have a more painterly aesthetic. Not quite IWD level but arguably more appealing than the more comical BGII ones - at least for my taste. The quality is hit and miss with them though while IWD's were all so consistent. However I think IWD was mostly just one very talented dude that had more time to work on it, and thus they share a style because it's all his style.

Orlan, Orlan or Orlan, please ;)

Both Hearth and Wild, boys and girls.

As for class / feel - neutral would be better so they can be used for any class (ideal would be lots of portraits for all classes, but realistically I'll be happy with some general "what I wear under my armour/robes" )

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

The game can really use more different styles of godlike portraits to match the in-game avatars.

Especially the moon godlikes.

*throws smoke bombs in the thread and vanishes into the dark corners of the forums*

Looks like the 3 new races are winning hands on.

So they are! That makes sense. But go ahead and keep voting, everybody, and if you have requests (akin to cedarstripes' "pale elf with beard" and elgyn requesting more undercuts) I obviously can't make promises but I still like to see what you are all interested in.

• Like 3

Looks like the 3 new races are winning hands on.

So they are! That makes sense. But go ahead and keep voting, everybody, and if you have requests (akin to cedarstripes' "pale elf with beard" and elgyn requesting more undercuts) I obviously can't make promises but I still like to see what you are all interested in.

Well, since you are asking... I'd love to have the male Death Godlike with horns and even more the female that I'm using as my avatar. I want to play as a Death Godlike Bleak Walker but I'll wait to see if there are more portraits to choose in the future.

I'm loving the game so there is no problem waiting, I'll choose other classes/races for now. :thumbsup:

sign.jpg