Beloved Spirits, patch changes, and respeccing

I'm sure all of these have been brought up, especially a debate on respeccing.

I have to say that making Beloved Spirits worthless is one thing, but now having my Main character on my main play through stuck with two bad talents with no way of changing them is pretty irritating.  I know people have their reasons for being against being able to change your build mid game, but if patches are going to change a lot, I would definitely be in favor of a very costly option or patch day respecs.

Also it would help me not dread leveling up because it results in me spend two hours trying to figure out my choices wprrying I'm going to get stuck with something.

• Like 1

I'm sure all of these have been brought up, especially a debate on respeccing.

I have to say that making Beloved Spirits worthless is one thing, but now having my Main character on my main play through stuck with two bad talents with no way of changing them is pretty irritating.  I know people have their reasons for being against being able to change your build mid game, but if patches are going to change a lot, I would definitely be in favor of a very costly option or patch day respecs.

Also it would help me not dread leveling up because it results in me spend two hours trying to figure out my choices wprrying I'm going to get stuck with something.

we made this point many months ago.  our observations regarding respec noted that poe would be broken and many talents would not work as advertised, talents such as interrupting blows, which at this point doesn't seem to do anything.  we also stated that because o' the obscurity o' the rules and the mislabeling o' talents and abilities, many folks would be fooled into making bad choices through no fault o' their own.  

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74815-accuracy/?p=1632949

in addition, we has numerous times observed that folks such as you were gonna be thwarted by the developer's attempts to patch or rebalance poe.

the console doesn't fix all problems, so why no limited respec option?

*chuckle*

is a few folks who actual claim that regardless o' the fact that they would never use respec (HA!) its mere presence in the game diminishes their use and enjoyment o' a title.

how the heck do you counter such an non-argument?  

this is not the first crpg we has ever played.  those predictions we made were hardly the result o' prophetic powhaz.  poe is the norm and not the exception. developers have never spoken on the issue that we can recall, but we believe that the option, if included in the game, woulda' gone far in alleviating the frustration many poe purchasers is feeling as a result o' developer error and developer balancing. limited respec would not have been a perfect solution, but it sure woulda' lessened the resulting reasonable ill-will o' players who discover only after tens or dozens o' hours o' gameplay that their character is not matching their role-play expectations. 

so, why no limited respec option?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)