Easy way to use consumables?

It seems like the only way to use consumables right now is to equip them in quick slots and then use them.  This gets really tedious.  Is there a way to just automatically use them from the inventory screen?  If not, can it please be added?

• Like 2

I am convinced that they added this in one of the Backer Betas, but it seems to have since been removed, making it incredibly annoying to eat food and such. It appears to be a concious decision, probably to avoid "pre-buffing" and "exploits".

Using food items from the inventory ist verboten. Du must equippen them in ye quickbar, schnell, schnell, ja, ja.

t50aJUd.jpg

Well, eating foods and using consumables in general just seems like a bother unless you want to up a skill just before a dialog. Much easier to just have your casters use their spells or reload the fight if you lose.

Well, eating foods and using consumables in general just seems like a bother unless you want to up a skill just before a dialog. Much easier to just have your casters use their spells or reload the fight if you lose.

Reloading after failing is degenerative gameplay, how dare you?! This is badwrongfun! You have dishonored the great Sawyer the First, and brought great shrame upon your family!

This is exactly why open-world pickpocketing cannot work and was removed as a mechanic! Do you want to take away food and encounters too? DO NOT DARE ANGER THE GREAT LEADER!

I am expecting your haircut to be one of the five approved ones by the end of the day, followed by at least three laps around the gulag and ritual seppuku in the morning.

You can eat food by picking it up and then double dropping it on the model of the character in the inventory screen.

"Double dropping"?

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Reloading after failing is degenerative gameplay, how dare you?! This is badwrongfun! You have dishonored the great Sawyer the First, and brought great shrame upon your family!

This is exactly why open-world pickpocketing cannot work and was removed as a mechanic! Do you want to take away food and encounters too? DO NOT DARE ANGER THE GREAT LEADER!

I am expecting your haircut to be one of the five approved ones by the end of the day, followed by at least three laps around the gulag and ritual seppuku in the morning.

You can eat food by picking it up and then double dropping it on the model of the character in the inventory screen.

"Double dropping"?

Or double-clicking the item on the model of the character, if that is any clearer.

Edited by Gleipnir

Either I'm right or you're wrong.

For what it's worth, I agree with Sawyer about prebuffing -- it's tedious and the game's challenges shouldn't be balanced around tedious rituals.

However, I use consumables before fights that look tough.   I'm on my first full playthrough of the game playing on Hard mode with Trial of Iron.  My last go-through ended right before Act II, so I'm taking precautions this time.  It was getting annoying having to do constant inventory management just to get some minor stat boosts.

Thanks for the tip about dropping on character portraits.

Thanks for this! Now, is there some manual or such where these things are taught? Cause I'd need to go and read it...

• Like 2

"Double dropping"?

Or double-clicking the item on the model of the character, if that is any clearer.

Do you mean double-clicking on food in the inventory? Because I have no idea what you mean with "double-clicking the item on the model". If you are moving an item, you can't really double-click it anywhere at the same time.

t50aJUd.jpg

The ONLY reason I have used consummables is because there is no other way to pre-buff (other than the sleep for a bonus wtf).

Not that one actually needs to pre-buff most of the time.

Buuuut...for some fights (because I was being stupid and stubborn) I did resort to consummables.  Was more trouble than it is worth.  It is much easier to level elsewhere and come back later.

The whole consummable thing is IMHO trash.  But hey!  Eat your Meat, Veggies, and drink your Milk!  Better than potions, I tell ya!

Don't need magic with a square meal and a beer to knock it down!  Good grief, who thought this junk up?

• Like 1

Do you mean double-clicking on food in the inventory? Because I have no idea what you mean with "double-clicking the item on the model". If you are moving an item, you can't really double-click it anywhere at the same time.

You're not dragging the item, you just click it once to catch it on the cursor. Then move cursor on the chatacter pic (edit: not pic, model: the whole body of the char in the inventory screen) and double-click. That's what was posted above - I haven't yet tried it myself. Maybe you try it and post the results :)

Edited by Moira
  • Like 1

It works but is also bugged.  If you pick up a stack of items and drop them on every character portrait it will give the buff to everyone but still only use one item.

I have been using this method for quite some time, but it does consume the items, as it always has for me. 

Generally speaking, I have played the first half my first playthrough not knowing about this method, and putting the items first in the quickslot.

I can honestly see no reason for which we shouldn't be able to use prebuffs by right clicking on the inventory item and then clicking on each portrait. It would make it much more convenient. I wouldn't really complain about it, but I am playing on hard mode now and prebuffs are a huge part of gameplay.

It works but is also bugged.  If you pick up a stack of items and drop them on every character portrait it will give the buff to everyone but still only use one item.

It worked correctly when I tried it just now. I can click a grabbed stack on several characters in the inventory screen and the amount of consumables in the stack diminishes and then runs out.