Any way to make characters more distinct?

Yes, this is irritating -- not so much with the character models as with the sparkly combat effects obscuring who is where.

I frequently pause combat and then click back and forth between portraits trying to figure out who is standing in which green circle.

• Like 1

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

I agree with OP, not just the PC characters, but most of the characters in general.  The only difference I can tell is how tall the NPC/PC characters are, they all look the same to me, cannot tell species, race, etc.  MY group is a mess durring fights, cant tell one from the other most of the time during battles.  Kind of wish all interactive or at least important NPC's had their own portraits when interacting with them.

Murder backer NPC's for their hats.

Is this a joke or does it really work? I kind of want to murder backer NPCs on principle, but if I can have their HATS... watch out!

Yes good. You're the fashion police; kill them for their fine clothing, young padawan. :fdevil:

You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin

:cat:

Inability to rotate camera in a 2D game doesn't help. It's the only time I really regret PoE is 2D except character models.

There are enough colors in the rainbow to give each party member an unique color for his circle. Alternatively, and for colorblind people, symbols inside circles. Circled square, circled triangle, circled star, circled cross...

The characters look too similar on screen.  Any way to make them stand out more individually so they're distinct?  Brighter colors perhaps?  Changing their color schemes doesn't do it.  Thanks.

Try playing zoomed in.

I do this, but about half the time the spell effects make it difficult. Don't get me wrong, the spell effects look great on my rig, but the combat still looks very chaotic zoomed right in.

sonsofgygax.JPG