Edér lost his weapon focus

Aargh

Question

I have no idea how or when this happened, but I just had a look at Edér's character sheet and for some reason he doesn't have his Weapon Focus: Ruffian anymore.

Cq4cXSL.jpg

10 answers to this question

Eder got this weapon focus as an extra talent. If you create new lv3 Fighter you can't duplicate talents to be exactly like lv3 Eder. If you respec Eder using IE mod you will lose one talent for Eder. And I am not sure if the new patch correct this or not.

Edited by sanpats

Is this the pre-patch Eder or a new game post-patch Eder.

I recruited Edér before the patch, but currently the game is patched.

Eder got this weapon focus as an extra talent. If you create new lv3 Fighter you can't duplicate talents to be exactly like lv3 Eder. If you respec Eder using IE mod you will lose one talent for Eder. And I am not sure if the new patch correct this or not.

Like I said, I'm not using any mods and I didn't respec Edér or anyone else. If the patch changes his talents, shouldn't everyone's Edér be missing his Weapon Focus? Or at least, everyone who patched the game?

I noticed this one as well. Was playing yesterday, recruited Eder he's lvl 3 same as my PC and checked his stats and his weapon focus is there also with defender stance iirc, decided I'm not happy with my character rerolled another one today though this time, I went straight to Gilded Vale (ignored the wolves and bandits with the chef in valenwood) recruited Eder he's level 2 this time (my PC is level 2) and noticed that he doesn't have his weapon focus and defender stance, figured I'd just get those the next level  and to my surprise I can only select 1 fighter talent.

All of this is in patch 1.03 btw playing on steam if that makes a difference.

Edit: not guardian stance it was defender stance.

Edited by dimvision

I noticed this one as well. Was playing yesterday, recruited Eder he's lvl 3 same as my PC and checked his stats and his weapon focus is there also with guardian stance iirc, decided I'm not happy with my character rerolled another one today though this time, I went straight to Gilded Vale (ignored the wolves and bandits with the chef in valenwood) recruited Eder he's level 2 this time (my PC is level 2) and noticed that he doesn't have his weapon focus and guardian stance, figured I'd just get those the next level  and to my surprise I can only select 1 fighter talent.

All of this is in patch 1.03 btw playing on steam if that makes a difference.

I think it like this:

At lv3 Eder should have Defender, Rapid Recovery, and Weapon Focus. If you recruit him at lv2, you lose extra talent. Unrelated to the patch.

I think it like this:

At lv3 Eder should have Defender, Rapid Recovery, and Weapon Focus. If you recruit him at lv2, you lose extra talent. Unrelated to the patch.

This was reported previously by someone else. Check post #206 from here.

So essentially, Edér having Weapon Focus is the bug, him not having it is as intended?

Edited by Aargh