Sacrifice Pit : The reward is too insignificant

to justify sacrificing one of you companions, even for "evil" characters. :biggrin:

Aloth: +1 Int +5 Reflex
■ Eder: +1 Mgt +5 Deflection
■ Durance: +1 Con + 5% Max Stamina
■ Grieving Mother: +1 Resolve +5 Resist Affliction
■ Hiravias: +1 Dexterity +1 Damage Threshold
■ Sagani: +1 Perception, +2 Bonus Accuracy on Same Enemy
■ Kana: +1 Int +5 Resist Affliction
■ Pallegina: + 1 Resolve +1 Damage Threshold

It's the one in those ruins under that town in the east

Am I the only one who think it's not worth it and it should be something better?

Edited by Meretrelle

to justify sacrificing one of you companions, even for "evil" characters.

a permanent bonus to statistics, but the exact characteristics depend on the party member that you sacrifice. Usually, it is +1 to one of the character's statistics and several points to one of the defense statistics."

Wait what this is a thing? surely given how you can make new compainions any permanent bufffs are easily easily easily worth it?

to justify sacrificing one of you companions, even for "evil" characters. happy0203.gif

Aloth: +1 Int +5 Reflex

■ Eder: +1 Mgt +5 Deflection

■ Durance: +1 Con + 5% Max Stamina

■ Grieving Mother: +1 Resolve +5 Resist Affliction

■ Hiravias: +1 Dexterity +1 Damage Threshold

■ Sagani: +1 Perception, +2 Bonus Accuracy on Same Enemy

■ Kana: +1 Int +5 Resist Affliction

■ Pallegina: + 1 Resolve +1 Damage Threshold

Am I the only one who think it's not worth it and it should be something better?

If you sacrifice a companion who isn't used then it's zero vs stat boost ;)

to justify sacrificing one of you companions, even for "evil" characters.

a permanent bonus to statistics, but the exact characteristics depend on the party member that you sacrifice. Usually, it is +1 to one of the character's statistics and several points to one of the defense statistics."

Wait what this is a thing? surely given how you can make new compainions any permanent bufffs are easily easily easily worth it?

Surely the appropiate question is, "can I sacrifice a custom companion? What do they get me?"

You mean there's a way to get an actual tangible benefit from one of those annoying, horribly built, unromanceable, good-for-nothing-but-ballast, freakshow candidate NPCs? Point me to it, I'm gonna sacrifice the whole lot of them (except maybe Aloth, he's amusing).

As to the size of the bonuses, I remember well the SELFISHNESS TEAR from BG2, when you got +2 AC for sacrificing a companion (and being evil).

And who can forget the GRIMOIRE OF PESTILENTIAL THOUGHT which gave you spells for murdering your companions and selling them to slavery?

Since PoE companions can't hold a candle to BG2 or PS:T NPCs, I am not disappointed by the size of the bonus.

"Wait, why can't I kill all these people to improve my character?"

Isn't that the goal of every RPG ever? Improving your character by killing people? (and also looting their corpses and stealing their stuff, and maybe doing their stupid quests, but then also killing them for the loot and the exp and the amusement).

Edited by Lord Vicious

"Wait, why can't I kill all these people to improve my character?"

Isn't that the goal of every RPG ever? Improving your character by killing people? (and also looting their corpses and stealing their stuff, and maybe doing their stupid quests, but then also killing them for the loot and the exp and the amusement).

Exactly, so: does it work with multiple/all "Companions"? My Evil Character (still to be built) will then definitely do it! ^^

• 10 months later...

Yup.

Maneha: +1 MIG, +10 defense vs prone attacks

DoC: +1 DEX, +1 DR bypass

Zahua: +1 CON, increased drug duration (IIRC)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus