f@cked up :(

johny69

Question

Well it seems I managed to mess up my quest lines...
I was in the sanitarium in brackenbery and I was doing my quests and ended up killing the flesh constructs. As I was killing the last remaining one and my party started to attack (no AoE spells or abilitis what so ever) I noticed that some wand attacks hit a guard that was standing near a pillar apparently flesh construct on rampage didn't phase him the least :p).
I didn't pay much attention cause the guard didn't attack me or anything and the combat stopped as it normally would do when I killed the flesh construct so I left.

When I returned to the top floor everybody was hostile!!!

Then it hit me... I went back to see the guard that was hit by those wand bolts and I noticed that the mouse pointer was a sword when I dragged it over the guard indicating a hostile NPC but the guard didn't attack me or anything....

Apparently the game has registered the attack on the guard but failed to inform me of the event :(

Ofc stupid me my last save was ages ago so I thought "ok maybe a miss 1-2 quests in here" so no big deal.

When after a few hours I visited the archive everybody in there was hostile also!!!

So.. in other words I can't do my fighters quest by searching the archives for his brother!!!

Guys is there a way to edit the save file so that I can revert the NPCs from hostile to friendly again?

Please HELP!!!

13 answers to this question

Bummer. You should probably give this thread a more informative title. Might increase your chances for getting the specific assistance you need for this issue.

That said, not sure if there would be much you could do beyond going back to an earlier save. Maybe there is though. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72139-possible-bug-in-sanitarium

You can progress the game even murdering the top-people.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The archive?  People are hostile to you in the Duc's palace?

I haven't been to the duc's palace after the mess in Sanitarium....

--EDIT--

Thank god.. it seems the Duc's palace is unaffected!

Only the sanitarium and archives are hostile it seems.

Edited by johny69

Had the same problem - and had to rollback 1 hour (good that I have a habit to save like crazy lol, a habit developed after years of gaming ;).

Dunno how to reproduce but how it happened - after the soul of a bad dude made golems hostile something hasn't triggered properly. I killt a dozen of golems and came to the "mad professor" who was overzealous with his research and said him that he goes to jail - and he attacked. Dunno if that triggered all the guards on a level to become hostile or not but after he attacked me I've moved to the central hall and saw all the guards and NPCs staying motionless - they somehow, er, stopped their animation cycle. And every NPC became hostile after that.

On the next playthrough I said "we'll see" to the main dude (he hasn't turned hostile), and after that guards in the central room were dead and the room was filled with those small feral creatures, and NPCs in the next room weren't hostile etc etc. Oh and one more thing - I saved the game right after engaging the "ambush" group after talking to a boy, then did quit the game completely, relaunching and loading the game (just in case).

Edited by BreezeUADN

The archive?  People are hostile to you in the Duc's palace?

I haven't been to the duc's palace after the mess in Sanitarium....

--EDIT--

Thank god.. it seems the Duc's palace is unaffected!

Only the sanitarium and archives are hostile it seems.

You can do Eder's quest, then; it's not in the Hall of Revealed Mysteries in Copperlane.

Incidentally, did you steal from the locked room in the Hall?

Edited by sparklecat

You can do Eder's quest, then; it's not in the Hall of Revealed Mysteries in Copperlane.

Oh ye you are right.... and also, yes I stole from the locked room but no one saw me.. at least not at the time I stole the things... didn't get any warnings in the combat/chat log or any of them turned hostile....

You think they went hostile retroactively???

Seems far fetched imo.

Oh ye you are right.... and also, yes I stole from the locked room but no one saw me.. at least not at the time I stole the things... didn't get any warnings in the combat/chat log or any of them turned hostile....

You think they went hostile retroactively???

Seems far fetched imo.

See this thread: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73464-quest-the-parable-of-wael-bug/

People who stole things from that room being the ones who later have the place turn hostile seems to be an emerging pattern.

I had the Sanitarium go all-hostile on me (both floors) when I threatened to turn the researcher downstairs in to the statue guy. The guards were nowhere near my party, yet they all went red as soon as I saw them.