I saw on the gamepedia that there is a great sword called Tidefall that has a endurance leach on hit. I thinking of making a build around this weapon but it would suck if it drops to late in the game. Any one know where it drops?

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Great_sword

From a hidden loot spot in the treasure pile of the Dragon. (I don't know if there's more than one dragon.)

Based on the above reply, I can get more specific since I think I've found it myself.

The dragon in the Searing Falls cave. It's south of Woodend Plains so you could probably technically go there in act one, but hey it's still a dragon you gotta kill.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

That's odd omgFIREBALLS, on my first play through I killed that monster and went around the cave in stealth looking for some loot but found nothing of value. I only got the quest item and nothing more which seamed a bit odd considering the monster I killed. It was the same for my brother, he did not the the Tidefall great sword there either.

I can't promise it's there. But this party has killed exactly one dragon and I believe they've found that sword (just checked, they have). So I only added two and two together. However, I definitely got some treasure off that guy. Perhaps it was hidden.

Also, what's the quest for it? I killed it because it was alive.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

The quest is called Cinder of Faith, you get it from a priest in the First Fires.

From what I have found there appears to be three dragon bosses in the game.

Cinder

Sky Dragon

Adra dragon

I think Cinder is too low level to drop the Superb Tidefall Great Sword. So maybe it is one of the other two.

Even Cinder is low, you can find Tidefall here. ;)

On my first run, i found it not too. You can easy miss it, because it is in his tiny gold treasure, in the south from it.

Edited by Shorkan

I'm pretty sure its mechanics actually not stealth. Its pretty lame... I think perception stat should be involved somehow.

Its above 7, do you have the gloves that give +2 to mechanics? Thats what I used.

Got it with a level 5 party on hard difficulty :lol: