Better without stronghold?

How often do invasions happen for people?

I had one (some Xaurips and three Wurms) early on, and never again. Even though my stronghold is complete by now, so quite a lot of time and quests have gone by.

As for them appearing in your Great Hall, I think they're supposed to be invasions from Od Nua, i.e. the Master Below having a lacklustre go at taking back "his" castle.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

I think it varies? I had Leaden Key Agents attacking, I certainly hope they didn't come from Od Nua...

Overall the keep has been pretty disappointing. It tries to do too many things and ends up doing most of them pretty poorly. On my next playthrough I don't think I'm gonna bother with it, to be honest.

• Like 1

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius

As evensong said you can also be invaded by humans - and I doubt they will go digging under your keep...actually they might, but they will probably die by the spiders there:)

And even if it's monsters from the endless dungeon - the Great hall is more if you had done really (and I mean REALLY) bad at defending before that. It's better if the attack is where the old watcher was and not after my prison (ugh poor prisoners...)....

..as for when human attack you...maybe they could just some forest area (small one...and empty...and hidden until the event) IF you have build watchtower or the courtyard if not...?

I also think botanical garden is nice to have and curio shop. Besides those two, other upgrades seem really useless. I wish merchants sold some useful unique weapons and armors, but I've not seen anything useful in their wares.

I regret taking prisoners. No one has ever come to pay me money to release them... I think killing them during quests at least gave me the loot they are carrying. So apparently it's not worth taking prisoners unless you do it for rp reasons.

I don't mind paying for the upgrades and spending money on stronghold, but it gives so little back. I understand it is supposed to be optional and not give any advantage if you wish to skip whole stronghold mini game, but currently all the money you save not having stronghold feels an advantage to me. At least you can buy lots of equips etc with that money you would otherwise spend on upgrades.

I hope we could at least hire some people you meet in adventures and have them set up their trades and services in our stronghold.

At least I like that they have endless path set up under stronghold. It's nice to have a huge dungeon in your home location.

Well - I was a little bummed about thought Stronghold as it was implemented:

1. Minor gripe. Resting is tedious - too many load screens to get there, and bonuses were very poor compared to what you could get at the inns.

2. Minor gripe. It's at least 24 hours travel time to everywhere else in the game. This means as soon as you go somewhere else, you're probably going to have to rest again. Your special rest home you pay so much for is pretty much only useful if you are doing the local dungeon - and this only barely. Sometimes even just traveling from this place you miss adventures or even invasions because their window is much shorter than it is to travel where you want to go. Of course, this is kind of a general gripe for the entire game itself. It's like 12 or 16 hours of travel time from the starting village to Raedric hold - how can you hear the bells from their towers notifying of a Raedric death?

I agree with both of your gripes above.

It *IS* tedious to have to enter Brighthollow and THEN have to go to the second floor to get to your bedroom to get some rest.  I'm willing to not count entering the Stronghold map in the load screen "count", but it is a pain to have to climb to the 2nd floor.  I'm wishing that Brighthollow was a ranch style house.  ;)

As for the SH being about a day's travel from anywhere else in the game, I also agree with this.  It's a pain.  Like Yenka suggested, it might have been more useful or perhaps less tedious if the player's "stronghold" was a single house in a city or town, like perhaps somewhere in Defiance Bay or Dyrwood.

I thought the ability to rest in stronghold is meant for taking on the Endless Path?

Ah, okay - as I said, I didn't have any attacks except the one.

---

Yeah, not being able to get the stuff of prisoners is kind of stupid. "I want them to be flogged. In full plate armour."

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

The whole Stronghold thing feels forced, like someone at the dev team REALLY REALLY wanted one. And Torment: Tides of Numenera is going to have one, too :-(.

I never wanted a castle, I prefer to be an explorer than to sit on my butt. Aside from that, it looks soooo sooo empty ! With a population like that, it's not attackers you should worry about. The place would be overrun with thieves. No way 8 hirelings would catch all thieves!!! They have to sleep and eat.

To be honest the prison was really disappointing...I thought that once we have prisoners they will have additional dialogues for us to get more information or maybe persuade them to be either paid or non paid strong guards for the  Stronghold.Or even new (and interesting) party members...

....as for the hirelings...they should have named ''company of...'' or something that doesn't look like you are getting single guard.

...tho that will be hard to explain with you paying them 10 coppers/day....I mean WTF...talk about stingy!

Edited by lyin321

Guess SPOILER alert...

''

''Didn't the steward, and the whole story, kinda strongly indicate that this whole stronghold is cursed?

The big holy crystal-stones in the middle tells me that this was NOT the right spot to make the stronghold, and to me it seems this stronghold is forever cursed to bring ruin to it's owner?''

''

Edited by Spivo

Just a heads up on the whole taxes thing. I personally noticed an increase of max amount of taxes based on prestige, but security only seems to lower the chance of bandits taking taxes ,not completely negates it. (Sort of like an accuracy roll on a d-100, subtract the security number from the roll and subtract that % from taxes) 

Also the taxes roll can be re-rolled by reloading a save prior to taxes coming if you really want to make sure your keep is making you money instead of costing you. 

Guess SPOILER alert...

Didn't the steward, and the whole story, kinda strongly indicate that this whole stronghold is cursed?

The big holy crystal-stones in the middle tells me that this was NOT the right spot to make the stronghold, and to me it seems this stronghold is forever cursed to bring ruin to it's owner?

If you want to put spoilers in a nice clickable box you can use ''

'' and then ''

'' to close it...and ofcourse without the ''.

...as for thee whole ''ruin'' thing: i might have missed it, but to me it just sounded as kinda bad idea to build the Keep on a such big mystery...

Edit: /sigh Of course it didn't work...no idea how to explain:)...aha: ask google...it is amazing:D

Edited by lyin321

Guess SPOILER alert...

Didn't the steward, and the whole story, kinda strongly indicate that this whole stronghold is cursed?

The big holy crystal-stones in the middle tells me that this was NOT the right spot to make the stronghold, and to me it seems this stronghold is forever cursed to bring ruin to it's owner?

'' and then ''

...as for thee whole ''ruin'' thing: i might have mi

Guess SPOILER alert...

'' and then ''

...as for thee whole ''ruin'' thing: i might have missed it, but to me it just sounded as kinda bad idea to build the Keep on a such big mystery...

Edit: /sigh Of course it didn't work...no idea how to explain:)...aha: ask google...it is amazing:D

ssed it, but to me it just sounded as kinda bad idea to build the Keep on a such big mystery...

Figured it out, thanks :)

Speaking of insignificant spoilers:

Those aren't quite holy crystals.  Look more closely.  They're a hand!

Oh my god! Do you think our Keep is actually in the Wheel of Time's universe!?

...sorry couldn't resist....

but the Arda crystals(?) hold souls (if I am not mistaken) so the hand was/is a nice touch:)

Edited by lyin321

Stronghold should be removed in future games. Resources wasted on a feature without real substance or connection to the game.

Stronghold would make sense if you could act as a lord, have economy, have troops, interact with the rest of the world in that capacity, but that's a different genre.  

• Like 3

Stronghold should be removed in future games. Resources wasted on a feature without real substance or connection to the game.

Stronghold would make sense if you could act as a lord, have economy, have troops, interact with the rest of the world in that capacity, but that's a different genre.  

Pretty much, to fully flesh it out you'd have to design an entirely different game alongside it.

So... no going heretic, marrying my sibling and creating an Imperial crown?

It's really something they need to improve upon with the expansion, I agree it's lacklustre as is.

But I also strongly oppose to teleportation, travelling is part of the IE-charm, don't want teleportation or super-fast horse travels... it's just a step from fast-travel.

Though aside from that, some good suggestions have been made in this thread.

And personally, even though I'm in ACT III now, I've had zero (nill) attacks on my stronghold yet. What a shame :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Having just read the pc gamer interview, its good to know the stronghold will be improved, A centralised area for new companions to seek you out. Hopefully not all new companions will come knocking on your door though.

NWN2 allowed you to do pretty much this. Since Obsidian did that, too, I had hoped for the Pillars' stronghold to expand on these features, not cut back on them. In NWN 2 you had a whole lot of scripted events, even including other adventuring parties coming to visit you and do some tasks for you.