Hey Oby!

JFSOCC

Oby must be killing himself laughing :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Malc I can rely on you for a straight answer, do you think I am Oby?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No, I already know who he is. I've left the answer in a box to opened in the forum's hour of greatest need when all seems lost.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No, I already know who he is. I've left the answer in a box to opened in the forum's hour of greatest need when all seems lost.

Thats interesting, can you share how you found out?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't actually, that was a needless reference to 40k's Terminus Decree. Oby is just some dude, I doubt he is an alt. I am curious as to how he ended up here though.

Oby is the last messenger of Dr. Ron Paul, come from the future to warn us before It Happens.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

yes, except that belgian anthropologists already did it pre-WWI. Not the handing out of cards, but the dividing of different tribes into perceived ethnic groups, ignoring longstanding inter-tribal relationships and common exchanges.

As far as I'm aware, it was a German colony up until the end of WWI. It was Germans that first started favoring Tutsis. Belgians took over and expanded on it when Germany lost her colonies after their defeat in the war.

Not in Belgian Congo. (then Zaire, then Congo) The Germans were in what is now Rwanda and Burundi, bordering Congo and Tanzania further east. (and Cameroon to the north, also bordering Congo though not relevant to the Hutu and Tutsi conflict) The Belgian led Congolese forces, despite bad discipline issues, beat the Germans in both wars. Some Congolese troops even made it as far as India.

Much of what happened to the peoples of Burundi, Rwanda and Congo is because of the legacy of Colonial borders and divisions, and a rapacious colonial government.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

What if Oby was really Wals? :shifty:  *dundundun*

:lol:

Somehow I doubt it 

John Milton 

Guilty Dogs?

Guard Dog is the obyknven.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Foolish western dogs.

"heraldofoby" :lol:

:lol:

Yeah that really cracked me up 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Bruce... it took 2 huge world wars for people in europe to stop warring with each other... the amount of destruction, lives lost and the sheer scale for what in the end was just a mass net loss for everyone made people realize that maybe it is time to stop killing each other and just cooperate to build.higher wealth.

until they themselves will develop the culture of education and fair trade we should just ignore them and buy only reources that we need. Without going into who leads them as long as they are not a direct threat to our land and families. If they are then just blast them back to the stone age and be done with playing with them.

Are you really saying that the USA is entirely to blame for how Iraq has turned out? Because if you are then that's patronising _at best_.

EDIT: My point above is irrelevant.

The real issue here is that a paid shill is taking the piss out of the mods, and out of the forum rules.

I don't think it could possibly be any clearer.

Hahahahahahahah

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Yes. This thread has been uncommonly entertaining. I never would have thought I'd end up with an odd but rather compelling feeling that I should be apologising to oby for accusing him of being someone's alt, but...

oby, I unreservedly apologise for impugning your honour. You're a scholar, a gentleman, perspicacious, honest, a font of wisdom and integrity, an asset to the forum and a valued contributor*, I unreservedly withdraw the accusation and disavow any further thoughts of it, you did not deserve that vilest of calumnies and unfairest of comparisons. Please forgive me.

*all comparatively, of course

Yes. This thread has been uncommonly entertaining. I never would have thought I'd end up with an odd but rather compelling feeling that I should be apologising to oby for accusing him of being someone's alt, but...

oby, I unreservedly apologise for impugning your honour. You're a scholar, a gentleman, perspicacious, honest, a font of wisdom and integrity, an asset to the forum and a valued contributor*, I unreservedly withdraw the accusation and disavow any further thoughts of it, you did not deserve that vilest of calumnies and unfairest of comparisons. Please forgive me.

*all comparatively, of course

This is a first, you actually admitting you were wrong. Guess I'm not Oby ...

You should feel a sense of relief ..like a big weight has  been taken off your shoulders. Now we just need to work on your views on politics and we will really be getting somewhere  :biggrin:

John Milton 

As an aside I'm relieved to note that I'm not the only one who thinks Bruce is an alt.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I must be the only one who believes that none of the usual posters around here is somebody's alt or a paid troll.

That said, I do concede the point that unpaid trolling may be taking place at times :).

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I must be the only one who believes that none of the usual posters around here is somebody's alt or a paid troll.

That said, I do concede the point that unpaid trolling may be taking place at times :).

Nope you aren't the only one..I have the same view. I find people have different perspectives, what would be the real point of using an Alt anyway?

John Milton