The portrait selection is beyond awful (I am sure someone else has posted this already)

I'm not normally one to praise Dragon Age but their custom portrait system was great. Spent 60 hours with a crosseyed, off center pigtailed dwarf facing the wrong direction on a neon pink background and could not be happier.

Found my old DA:O portrait

615242.png

I think she adequately conveys the exact amount of gravitas that game warranted.

Edited by Bhazor
  • Like 1

The portrait selection is not great, but to me they are just there in case someone doesn't want to bother looking for something custom and prefer to get started asap. It's very simple to import any portraits you want. I've definitely done so, and don't see this as an issue worth mentioning.

Way to make a fuss over something so irrelevant. #1stworldproblems indeed.

Edited by Emerwyn

You don't need a "mod" for portraits.

You're right, it's not a "mod" it's just a large collection of portraits, though you know what I mean. As far as portraits go ... I think the game had plenty. I remember when I had about 8 or so to choose from in Baldurs Gate until people made 1000's more. Luckily it's a simple process to make your own and import more. 

Screenshot your character looks awful.

You need a very high level of antialiasing for it to not look pixelated.

Better than having no option for it I think though. Also you can screenshot your character then edit it in photoshop to look more like a painting, then you have a portrait that looks exactly like your character at least