Hi Everyone!

I've been really enjoying my Monk so far but I've noticed that against monsters with high DR my attacks hit for peanuts. Does this change as I level up or is it the weakness of the class?

Cheers.

Edited by Junkermanz

What is your Might at and what talents have you taken?

Are you dual wielding?

Are you using fists or weapons? (Weapons are currently better due to enchants)

If weapons, which ones? Fast weapons without DR penetration may not be a great idea.

Fists with dual wield weapon talent and the damage pen talent as well. Level 4.

I heard that Monk fists scale with level so I assume I'm just not high enough level yet to see this?

There's a talent you can check called Transcendent Suffering. @ Level 4 you should be at rank 2 of it giving you some accuracy and damage.

Still, melee weapons are just better. I would try 2x Maces, Spears, or Sabres of Fine or better quality perhaps and see if your results turn out better. 

Also, Turning Wheel + Swift Strikes + Lightning Strikes add a decent amount of elemental damage to your attacks. For a dual wield monk it's probably a good idea to get those two abilities and talent.

I strongly recommend that you take Vulnerable Attack.  The effect is -20% recovery speed and 5 DR reduction (so you attack a little slower but your enemy's damage reduction is treated as if it is 5 points lower).  It is modal so you can turn it off against low DR enemies.