Recruiting BUG?

Jitsuka

Question

I just started a new game and got to GIlded Vale.  I can't recruit any adventurers at the Black Hound Inn.  It says "no adventurers available."  Is this a bug?  Am I doing something wrong?  Loading an old game, I can recruit adventurers with my level 4 character. 

Anyone else encounter this problem?

3 answers to this question

I just started a new game and got to GIlded Vale.  I can't recruit any adventurers at the Black Hound Inn.  It says "no adventurers available."  Is this a bug?  Am I doing something wrong?  Loading an old game, I can recruit adventurers with my level 4 character. 

Anyone else encounter this problem?

May seem a silly question, but need to ask anyway, if only for the process of elimination, but how much money did/does your new game character have when trying to recruit at the inn?

If you had/have less than 250 copper then that's why, otherwise it sounds like a bug.

Just noticed that when I DO recruit adventurers, say level 4 for instance (I'm level 5), they show up in my stronghold as level 1.

Why would I pay 1000 gold to recruit a puny level 1?

edit: nevermind, you need to add them to your party first in order to level them up. My bad.

Edited by jai2yeux