I appreciate you, Obsidian.

TheMoonRules#1

Dear grand storytellers of Obsidian Entertainment,

I appreciate everything you do. I've been playing your games since way back in 04. You've had your ups, and downs (Dungeon Siege 3... that multiplayer was atrocious), but you've always delivered where it counts. Content. Lore. Backstory. Flavor text. I appreciate all of it, and I will continue to buy your games, so long as you keep delivering such stellar experiences. 

Sincerely,

A gamer who can take a joke.

• Like 6

I imagine this is the "support Obsidian during this trying time thread"

If so count with me.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Not everyone is complaining ... I haven't encountered a single bug--well, the "loose brick" in Copperlane never showed up, but that little kid sure was happy with his new badass rare knife, and that's all that matters.

I played ten hours straight today and had a blast.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I see things almost the way the OP does. One exception: "I appreciate what you do in/with your games" - claiming to appreciate everything the company does would be a lie from my perspecive  ;)

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Pillars is great. Also, Sawyer grew a lot in my eyes recently, as a person. (Or he's way better at faking empathy than people who are specifically paid to do that. But I find that unlikely.) So I'm happier with the company than I've ever been.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I ran into a couple of bugs that were gamebreaking, and that is something I expect from any new release.

They get my respect for their work and for treating their backers well.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeesh, fanboys. But at least they are getting revenue. Glad PE didn't have too many bugs, might change Obsidian's reputation for pushing buggy releases.

Good at dodging outrage mobs too, it seems.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow, a love letter to Obsidian. You know in all the years we've been camping on their forums I don't think anyone has ever done that.

Well for what it's worth PoE is just f-----g AWESOME. So was Fallout NV. NWN2 was good.  KOTOR2 & DS3, well... no one is perfect. :lol:

In all seriousness I'd say thanks to them for keeping these forums around and not running us all off because we seldom talk about them or their games around here. And thanks to the rest of you nuts that post here and make this an entertaining place to come.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Dear grand storytellers of Obsidian Entertainment,

I appreciate everything you do. I've been playing your games since way back in 04. You've had your ups, and downs (Dungeon Siege 3... that multiplayer was atrocious), but you've always delivered where it counts. Content. Lore. Backstory. Flavor text. I appreciate all of it, and I will continue to buy your games, so long as you keep delivering such stellar experiences. 

Sincerely,

A gamer who can take a joke.

+1

...nice to read something like that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Suckup.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.