Your RPG system rocks!

I picked a priest character who worships Skaen.  Skaen likes deception and cruelty.  It's fun looking for the most deceptive and cruel dialogue choices to pick when I'm in conversation.  POE's RPG system is definitely the next evolution in role playing.  

I currently have the following reputation:

Cruel 1

Aggressive 1

Having an agresssive reputation is actually offensive to Skaen, which makes things interesting. It's tricky being deceptive, I haven't figured it out yet, but that's where the fun is! It feels like Dragon Age Origins, but with an actual mechanic that rewards you for roleplaying correctly. 

Obsidian, if you do another kickstart for Pillars of Eternity 2, I will gladly support you.  Keep up all this excellent work you're doing in the roleplaying department.

Edited by luzarius
  • Like 3

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Best RPG system and game since BG / IWD / PST.

I will pay more money for more games like this ... Please no 3D or making anything easier for the love of how awesome this game is.

I do advise making it harder though, and making the current Potd the default difficulty level.

• Like 2

It is really similar to D:OS but they created a better system.

It's a breath of fresh air that makes the game experience more personal and interesting and creates a better replay value plot wise ...

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

There's a couple features of the system that I absolutely love.

Discovering enemy stats with the Beastiary

The reputation/personality mechanic (I just wish they would have integrated this with followers)

The way anyone can use any weapons and armor