You Know Who Else Hates Freedom?

Halsy

The terrorists. Congratulations Obsidian you're now on equal footing with Isis. What's next? Maybe some book burnings like the Nazis used to do. Free speech doesn't mean freedom from being ofended. Our troops and people around the world are dying everyday for that principle. You may as well be spitting on their graves.

And why did you do this? For a few perpetually outraged social justice warriors who take umbrage with everything for its own sake and don't even game. The ringleader of which uses the hashtag "#KillAllMen" This is who you capitualted to? And what about the rights of the rights of heterosexuals? In the context of the joke he was the victim. So not only are you championing censorship but bigotry as well because you're elevating the rights of one group over another. There are few things as cowardly and offensive as censorship. I've been a customer since your Black Isle days but I will no longer be supporting you in future as I cannot in good conscience support any company that believes censorship is how you combat ideas you dislike.

"We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values.  For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people. " ~John F. Kennedy

“What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.”
~Salman Rushdie

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

~Stephen Fry

• Like 2

Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!

1. Comparing the SJWs to ISIS is unfair, ISIS actually acts on their convictions horrific as they may be. SJWs just complain on twitter and tumblr.

2. Posting quotes about people being offended and neglecting Christopher Hitchens is shameful.

• Like 5

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The Nazis and ISIS got nothing on the enraged SJW twitter crowd. They didn't/don't want to kill half the world's population, and I bet the average Nazi would get a good laugh, and if the ISIS guy didn't he'd be the poor chap jumping off the cliff.

That said, this topic has been beaten dead, revived, beaten as undead to deader, revived, and beaten to death again more than a few times now.

Let it lie. Dead.

Please.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

Less histerical hyperbole please. I disagree with the change but Firedorn made the joke agreed with it. Its not content Obsidian created. 

Still think the perpetually  outraged will keep coming for more and we may see this as tame. But lets not become another outrage mob.

• Like 1

[...] There are few things as cowardly and offensive as censorship. [...]

So you're saying you're offended by this alleged censorship, while at the same time saying becoming offended is bull****. Seems a tad contradictory to me.

Edit: Ohh, look at this instance of ACTUAL censorship of the word '****' being made unreadable.

Edited by OnyxIdol
  • Like 1

The ringleader of which uses the hashtag "#KillAllMen"

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

I've been a customer since your Black Isle days but I will no longer be supporting you in future as I cannot in good conscience support any company that believes censorship is how you combat ideas you dislike.

Bye.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Controlling your own speech is anti-freedom? Exercising one's freedom is in itself, anti-freedom? Man being pro-freedom is a lot more difficult than I thought.

Anyway bye.

Edited by Valmy
  • Like 1

[...] There are few things as cowardly and offensive as censorship. [...]

So you're saying you're offended by this alleged censorship, while at the same time saying becoming offended is bull****. Seems a tad contradictory to me.

Edit: Ohh, look at this instance of ACTUAL censorship of the word '****' being made unreadable.

Coherence is not this posters strong suit.

Less histerical hyperbole please. I disagree with the change but Firedorn made the joke agreed with it. Its not content Obsidian created. 

Still think the perpetually  outraged will keep coming for more and we may see this as tame. But lets not become another outrage mob.

This guy pretty much defines the perpetual outrage mob. If Obsidian is not directly responsible for every death every suffered by transgender people they are anti-Freedom Authoritarian ISIS Nazis Who Want to Kill all Men. Because of obscure limericks. Who knew limericks had such power?

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

~Stephen Fry

Indeed. So why did you feel the need to do that?

Sometimes I feel like a motherless child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA51wyl-9IE

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

The next kickstarter will place all dots above the i's.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

• 2 weeks later...

What was this all about?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What was this all about?

Obsidian decision to edit content in PoE.

Gotcha. Well, I never patched mine so I guess I have the "director's cut" still.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell