Grieving Mother becomes more hardened if you wasn't supportive about her actions in the Birthing Bell. She even changes her comments during conversation with Hylea (stops being a fan of "returning souls to the hollowborn" option and warns you about dangers of it).

So I wonder what does hardened Grieving Mother says after defeating Theos. And what would be in her epilogue then.

*nobody* can see her.  She uses her psionics to conceal her identity - everybody just sees her as an old peasant woman.  You use your watch ability to see her - but if you upset her she'll make herself fade out to you too. 

Edited by Gallenger
  • Like 1

I always thought it was an oversight that Thaos didn't speak to her. Totally forgot that she was making herself invisible.

Though I wonder how the monsters could attack her...

She's not invisible, just ... forgettable (she says as much). People don't acknowledge her importance, but that doesn't mean they ain't gonna fight back if she takes a stab at them.

But yeah, that's why she has no companion dialogues.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I always thought it was an oversight that Thaos didn't speak to her. Totally forgot that she was making herself invisible.

Though I wonder how the monsters could attack her...

She's not invisible, just ... forgettable (she says as much). People don't acknowledge her importance, but that doesn't mean they ain't gonna fight back if she takes a stab at them.

But yeah, that's why she has no companion dialogues.

There is a great moment when you can question Hiravias about your companions, and if you ask about Grieving Mother he says something like "Who? Oh, you mean that peasant woman who travels with us for some reason?"