Paladin, barbarian, monk, or rogue.

Paladin is a great roleplaying experience and only the main character can benefit from the obscene defensive bonuses obtained from adhering to your order's beliefs.

Barbarian, monk, and rogue aren't featured in the written NPC's in this game, so if you plan on avoiding using adventurers, taking one of those would be best for the full experience of every NPC.

Paladin, barbarian, monk, or rogue.

Paladin is a great roleplaying experience and only the main character can benefit from the obscene defensive bonuses obtained from adhering to your order's beliefs.

Barbarian, monk, and rogue aren't featured in the written NPC's in this game, so if you plan on avoiding using adventurers, taking one of those would be best for the full experience of every NPC.

I was thinking of making a front-line utility paladin, in other words, have a little bit of damage, a little bit of support and a bit of being able to not die from a nasty look.

Not so sure about the race, I was leaning towards either of the Orlan sub-races, and the bleak-walkers order looks appealing for my... less than merciful playstyle.

Well I made Chanter. 

I think the main character should be pinnacle of the group. Something that brings them together and

Paladin feels to restricted with his story choices.

But now I am considering Cipher

Still I am asking myself. What class would fit best story wise ?