Cant set more than 1 trap (fix plz)

Sometimes I can set 2 traps before the first one disappears, but I have no idea how. So most of the time its one trap.

I don't like that. I want to be able to use all my traps in one encounter If I'd wanted. Whadaya all think?

• Like 4

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

The combat in PoE is very tactical and not easy. So I don't want to be limited to 1 trap. I have dozens in my inventory.

• Like 1

~ Kaine

yup.  your own traps appear to be not overpowered, especially compared to the damage undetected traps do to YOU on hard and above.  being able to lay more than one would be a good step forward.  maybe make the number you can set also dependent on your mechanics skill?  so 1-3 can lay a single trap at a time, 4-6 can lay 2, 7-10 you can put down 3, and add another every 3 levels etc..

my own traps do about a tenth of the damage the exact same trap would do if it hit me undetected.

hell, even a dart trap on hard can do over 100 damage to me, but when i disarm that same trap, and use it myself... it does like 11 damage to the enemy who hits it.

...somewhere in this game there must be a godlike engineer laying all the traps for poor adventurers to stumble into.

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 5

I suspect the point of one character being able to lay just one trap is that mechanics would otherwise be a skill you would only ever give to just one character. This way the skill becomes something that's potentially useful for all your characters, just like the other skills.

• Like 1

Use a Priest's seal spells instead.

They're good, but still this needs fixin'.

• Like 1

~ Kaine

I suspect the point of one character being able to lay just one trap is that mechanics would otherwise be a skill you would only ever give to just one character. This way the skill becomes something that's potentially useful for all your characters, just like the other skills.

This is exactly it.  Multiple character with the skill can lay one trap each.  If one character could lay multiple, then you might be stuck in a situation where your main had traps and then picked up another character with traps making it redundant.  This is part of the whole no bad choices design decision.

This is exactly it.  Multiple character with the skill can lay one trap each. 

Are you sure?

So if I have Mechanics (and how high Mechanics are we talking about here?) , I can put 1 trap PER Character?

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

There's a very good reason you can't spam traps. Anyone who has played a high-level thief or thief multi in BG2 knows why.

I took down the final boss of ToB with traps alone. Destroyed the end boss of Watcher's Keep with traps. Sure the traps were too powerful, but it's also because they were spammable.

• Like 3

Even if I want to keep all traps/consumables I found on my journeys for one last encounter, so be it, its no business of the developer. Nor is that practical.

Edited by Luj1
  • Like 2

~ Kaine

There's a very good reason you can't spam traps. Anyone who has played a high-level thief or thief multi in BG2 knows why.

I took down the final boss of ToB with traps alone. Destroyed the end boss of Watcher's Keep with traps. Sure the traps were too powerful, but it's also because they were spammable.

Yeah, but traps in BG were a skill, here they are an actual object. And very often not a cheap one.

• Like 1

Trap efficiency should go up, or trap set limit should go up, they are worthless at the moment

Not worthless maybe, but overall have a low impact in most fights because you can use only 1.

~ Kaine

Also , the traps that trigger on the player are often devastating. The ones you use on your enemies are mediocre at best. I don't mind that, just let us use more than one per encounter.

~ Kaine

I agree that I would like to set more than one trap, and that the discrepancy between traps that hit me and the traps I set is crazy.

However, I would like to point out that you *can* combine seals and traps. You can set a seal at a chokepoint, then set a trap directly behind it...or even inside it. A noxious burst trap ontop of a knockdown seal in combo with a wall of fire and an AoE paralyze is a nasty combination.

You should probably be able to set more than one trap but there still should be a cap on it.

Though I'm kind of interested on how overpowered putting down multiple petrification traps would be. Unless they reduce the duration on that.

Ok so I just found out when trying to do the lighthouse again that you can only cast 1 priest seal at a time too now.

****. How do I beat all those shades now???

Use a AoE CC like "Call to Slumber" on Mage class, it works great on the shades,