Pictures of your games Part 6

59265-0-1435688965.jpg

Betsy. Not her best moment, but surely her most delicious.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

@melkathi:

How are you finding the real-time aspect of the gameplay? Does it have a pause?

And look at those kooky wall plugs!

The crooked TV is giving me a facial tic.

I shall adjust the TV angle for you next picture :)

The plugs... yeah. My electrician is great at laying cables and doing the grunt work. He turned out incapable of doing proper finishings. Next time I'll use a different one for that bit.

I promised SadExchange that I'll write my impressions in the other thread at some point. That way you wont have to moderatorate them out of this one into that one as off topic ;)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I like crafting. I prefer to make my own items than find unique items in the game. Iron Bull is a beast with this maul I made.

post-1458-0-27457000-1436373794_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Either that wasn't tobacco that was in those smokes or your conversation is putting me to sleep. 

post-1458-0-76224100-1436501851_thumb.jpg

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Iron Bull you sneaky bastard. Trying to get me drunk aye?

post-1458-0-11423100-1436501946_thumb.jpg

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

GDpnhCY.png

Surprisingly this attempt at flattery failed.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I had forgotten that the Split are almost as xenophobic as the Paranid, so buying a transport from them was impossible initially (they wouldn't even let me dock with the ship yard).  Luckily, raising my rep with them to an acceptable level was rather quick and easy, and I made some good profit in the process.  Now I'm the proud owner of a Split Caiman transport

diLHXGi.jpg

DjTjwgZ.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't have enough rep with the Split (or anyone else for that matter) to buy 25 MJ shields, and I haven't found a spot nearby that sells 5 MJ shields yet, meaning I'm stuck with this dinky 1 MJ shield that came with the ship, which might as well be no shield.  With that in mind, I need to continue being very careful where I trade.  On the bright side, the Caiman is almost as fast as some heavy fighters, so my chances of reaching safe haven if set upon by pirates are decent.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Years ago I played X³ *a lot* - had a truckton of money and at least 8 or 9 of these super huge carrier and destroyer ships. I've spend many, many hours on that savegame, though. Time I could never bring up again today. I love the game, but it's just too slow for my taste now.

Also the interface / controls are so, so bad.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

^ Yeah, it's definitely a slow game, which actually fits my play style perfectly, as I like to take my sweet ass time playing games in general.  It takes forever to get to the point where you've amassed enough wealth and influence to build a massive fleet, but rolling into a sector with several capital ships, a wing of corvettes, and several dozen fighters, and having a massive fleet battle is so insanely satisfying.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Never got that far myself, just couldn't stomach the time requirements - but always wanted to. I wish someone would make a proper series like it, but just a tad more accessible for us plebs.

Fortune favors the bald.