Some mobs don't give XP?

Whats the deal with this?  At first I thought it was just summoned mobs (like the shadows shades summon) but now i'm seeing it where i'll find a wolf for example, kill it, get xp, walk 10ft and fight another wolf, kill it, and get no XP.

You don't get any XP from killing enemies per se, you get it from updating the bestiary. This means that once you have killed some number of wolves, killing more won't give you any XP (but each sub-type has its own bestiary entry so Young Wolf and Wolf are different).

You don't get any XP from killing enemies per se, you get it from updating the bestiary. This means that once you have killed some number of wolves, killing more won't give you any XP (but each sub-type has its own bestiary entry so Young Wolf and Wolf are different).

Ah good to know.  Must be what happened with the Shadows as well, I had thought maybe the ones that were summoned by Shades didn't give XP while the first few I encountered as "regular mobs" did.

"It's to de-incentivise fighting."

Which is asainine considering  forced fighting is everywhere (not complaining just a fact). But, you get xp for every single area you enter including all 3 floors of a rather empty boring inn. L0L

\The xp has its strengths but it's not as good as it could be due to illogically. That said,  in the end, it doesn't really matter because the game gives out xp like candy anyways. I am half way to max level  and i know i cna't be done half the game by now. L0L

BL, WL2, DOS, and SRR all do xp better than  PE. True story.

(that's not to say some of PE's xp system isn't solid as some of it is good but overall meh).

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Most fights can be avoided, one way or another."

By running like a coward, not exploring (what kind of adventurer are you!), sucking up in dialogue. Sorry, but this is a combat extensive game (as promised). Trying to pretend it isn't  is ignoring the obvious.  90% of encounters not in town are insta hostile. Heck, even in town there's areas with insta hostiles. L0L

Fighting is as forced as it is in 99% of RPGs. Nothing wrong with that but let's be honest about it. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

there is a clear disproportion in acquired ingridients in PoE, like 2 adra dragon scales and 2 sky dragon eyes? cmon! and pilgrim's crowns are so rare, it hurts.

I wish there were travelling herbalists, poachers and prospectors from which you could barter gems, plants and monster parts which you no longer need for those you do.

Edited by mrmonocle
  • Like 1

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

there is a clear disproportion in acquired ingridients in PoE, like 2 adra dragon scales and 2 sky dragon eyes? cmon!

Well, the sky dragon has just two eyes, and only one can be found... ;)

(but i agree, really hard to upgrade to superior weapons if those ingredients are so limited)

Edited by pstone

there is a clear disproportion in acquired ingridients in PoE, like 2 adra dragon scales and 2 sky dragon eyes? cmon! and pilgrim's crowns are so rare, it hurts.

I wish there were travelling herbalists, poachers and prospectors from which you could barter gems, plants and monster parts which you no longer need for those you do.

If you build the botanical garden thing in your keep you will get random plants spawning in your chest every "keep turn" or whatever. I think one of the other buildings gives other crafting mats in the same fashion, but I could be wrong.

I know every time I go back to the keep (which tends to be every few in-game days) there is some stuff waiting in the chest for me.