In PoTD atm I have 2 monk tanks with heavy armor shields and 1h and they die so damn fast and I've maxed all defensive stats.

What can I do to make this easier? I also have 2 ciphers spam debuffing.

In PoTD atm I have 2 monk tanks with heavy armor shields and 1h and they die so damn fast and I've maxed all defensive stats.

What can I do to make this easier? I also have 2 ciphers spam debuffing.

Can you post your exact build? I am running a solo monk and havnt had problems (well my problems havnt been a lack of tankiness) , then again i am running moonlike. You problem may be that you arent out dpsing the enemy, monks arent that endurable but i can outdps mobs by a factor of four or so (early game im hitting for 30 per turn they hit for like 2

Edited by Ceranai

Might 18

con 15

Dex 19

per 3

int 3

res 19

SS + lightning strikes

both are fire godlikes

you have pretty average deflection which is probably why you are seeing them die relatively fast, i think your main issue is probably a lack of heals going out

If you're looking for survivability, you have no need for Dexterity, and Constitution is point-for-point much worse than Perception.

with max dex and about average per you get quite a high interupt rate though

And you get hit way more and take tons of interrupts yourself because your resolve is low.

OP's build is not a real tank, that's why it's dying.

If you're looking for survivability, you have no need for Dexterity, and Constitution is point-for-point much worse than Perception.

with max dex and about average per you get quite a high interupt rate though

And you get hit way more and take tons of interrupts yourself because your resolve is low.

OP's build is not a real tank, that's why it's dying.

with a dex of 19, swift strikes, and two hand focus it really matters 0 what my concentration is because i throw out attacks twice as fast as the majority of my opponents, i mean intel is the only stat i would advocate dumping but i resolve would be what i dumped next if i had to. 

Looking at my combat log as long as im not being swarmed it reads something like

Tiello interupts X for 12 crush damge

Tiello crits X for 20 Crush damage

X grazes Tiello for 4 Y damage and sometimes interupts

Add a Cipher to the party with Pain Block and monks become borderline unkillable with physical attacks. I had 5 ogres pounding on my moon godlike for 15 seconds, lost only half hp.

That's really not as good as you think, considering that a high deflection can hold things almost indefinitely.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The problem in POD is that most enemys will have enough accuracy to Critical hit your monk.   Getting a 100 dmg fireball in the head will kill you no matter how much CON your monk have.   

Also Shades with 82 deflection and paladins with 54 deflection will make you monk sweat to get good hits.  Critical hits is a dream until later in the game when you finally get tons of buffs to counter the POD bonus! 

deflection and saves  in POD is a top priority if you dont want to be one shot by a mage, priest or troll.    

I find most tanks without shields in POD to lack enough deflection to keep in the frontline and dont die from grazehits.  Reason i go for 2 warriors full tank instead of normal warrior + 1 dps meele class to off tank.   

But lets try to get this right. 
In POD you dont want to have bad saves.  

Go for! 

Might 10
Con   15
Dex   10 
Per    17
Int    10
Res   17

Race: Pale Elf, Wild Orlean or something that buff you DT or Defenses for something. 

You can get dmg from other sources.  You are already the fastest class to atack so you dont need DEX, but you also dont want to go below 10 and nerf your saves.    Deflection is priority or you will not survive no matter how you build it.  Once you start to survive you can bother yourself with dmg and fancy kung fu. 

I even recommend Pallegina Armor (Breastplate DR10  and more DT below 25% health). If you plan to get hit i dont recommend doing it without DT to soak up the dmg.  They will hit you, they even hit my 100Deflection warrior on act1 so its very very normal to die by a sward of  graze wounds and hits on POD. 

And i recommend 1 full warrior to at least take the heavy hitters from your monk and let him tank the small frys, and you will find tons of them to deal with. 

Edited by sterrius