[Bug] Attribute loss with two Item swap

Dracknyght

Question

2 Similar bugs are described below. Additional details and notes are listed at the bottom in order to assist in reproduction of these issues.

Note: My play-through initiated before the 1.3 patch. I've read that companion attributes have changed since the patch if you start a new character. I have not tested this bug with the new companion attributes to see if that might have changed the way this behaved but I suspect the issue is still prevalent there as well.

If you have any questions, Please let me know!

Bug 1

Version: 1.3

Platform: Steam

Date: 4/4/2015

Description:

When swapping between two items in different slots that give a bonus to the same attribute, permanent attribute loss can occur.

Reproduction Items:

Kana's Turban: +1 Intelligence

Drinking Horn of Moderation +2 Intelligence

Reproduction Steps:

1. Equip Drinking Horn of Moderation (Int goes up by 2)
  2. Equip Kana's Turban (Int goes down by 1, Turban overrides the Horn's greater bonus)
  3. Remove Kana's Turban (Int goes down by 1)
  4. Remove Drinking Horn of Moderation (Int goes down by 2)

Net Loss: 2 Intelligence

When removing the Kana's Turban followed by removing the Horn of Moderation, a permanent 1 point stat loss occurs.  Repeating this process can bring the intelligence stat down repeatedly.

Note: As I am playing a Godlike character, I reproduced the steps above on the Kana

Bug 2

Note: This bug is nearly identical to the first with one minor exception. See reproduction steps.

Description:

When wearing two items with similar attribute bonus', When swapping between two items in different slots that give an a bonus to the same attribute, permanent attribute loss can occur.

Reproduction Steps:

2. Equip Kana's Turban (Int goes down by 1, Turban overrides the Horn's greater bonus)
  4. (Repeat steps 3 & 4: Each repetition drops Intelligence by 2, 1 Int for each step)
  5. Remove Drinking Horn of Moderation (Int goes down by 2)

Temporary work around: Do not equip items that give a similar stat boost. First remove the stat boosting item and then equip the new item.

Additional Details:

When using Rundyl's Finery and Drinking Horn of Moderation, Attribute loss occurs as well. In bug 2 version, Attribute loss only occurs when removing one of the 2 items. At that time, 2 Attribute points are lost. Both items give 2 attribute points.

Using 2 +1 items does not cause this to reproduce.

Confirmed Bugs 1 and 2 also occur on Eder.

Using Rundly's Finery and Drinking Horn of Moderation on Durance, I was only able to get Bug 2 to reproduce when I unequipped Rundyl's Finery but did not actually place the item back into the inventory. In order to reproduce this, simply drag the item from the character with the mouse and then drop the item back onto the chest piece without placing the item back into the inventory.

I have been entirely unable to reproduce this issue with Lilith's Shawl (+3 perception) and Spider Fingers (+ 1 perception). It appears this may require the inclusion of at least 1 +2 Item.

4 answers to this question

• The items Drinking Horn of Moderation and Talisman of the Unconquerable were causing Ciphers to permanently lower their amount of focus gain. We've included a fix to retroactively resolve the issue on Ciphers but the effect is still on the items. Unfortunately the fix will not fix the broken effect on those items, so you'll need to keep those items unequipped until the next patch. If you do equip them, perform a Save/Load to fix your Cipher.

I'd wait the next patch before using the Drinking Horn.

Edited by DocDoomII

• The items Drinking Horn of Moderation and Talisman of the Unconquerable were causing Ciphers to permanently lower their amount of focus gain. We've included a fix to retroactively resolve the issue on Ciphers but the effect is still on the items. Unfortunately the fix will not fix the broken effect on those items, so you'll need to keep those items unequipped until the next patch. If you do equip them, perform a Save/Load to fix your Cipher.

Is this saying that those items are particularly bugged, or is this a problem with swapping any +1, +2 items?

Edited by blinkicide

On 4/4/2015 at 1:03 PM, Dracknyght said:

2 Similar bugs are described below. Additional details and notes are listed at the bottom in order to assist in reproduction of these issues.

Note: My play-through initiated before the 1.3 patch. I've read that companion attributes have changed since the patch if you start a new character. I have not tested this bug with the new companion attributes to see if that might have changed the way this behaved but I suspect the issue is still prevalent there as well.

If you have any questions, Please let me know!

Bug 1

Description:

When swapping between two items in different slots that give a bonus to the same attribute, permanent attribute loss can occur.

Reproduction Items:

Kana's Turban: +1 Intelligence

Drinking Horn of Moderation +2 Intelligence

Reproduction Steps:

4. Remove Drinking Horn of Moderation (Int goes down by 2)

Net Loss: 2 Intelligence

When removing the Kana's Turban followed by removing the Horn of Moderation, a permanent 1 point stat loss occurs.  Repeating this process can bring the intelligence stat down repeatedly.

Note: As I am playing a Godlike character, I reproduced the steps above on the Kana

Bug 2

Note: This bug is nearly identical to the first with one minor exception. See reproduction steps.

Description:

When wearing two items with similar attribute bonus', When swapping between two items in different slots that give an a bonus to the same attribute, permanent attribute loss can occur.

Reproduction Steps:

4. (Repeat steps 3 & 4: Each repetition drops Intelligence by 2, 1 Int for each step)
  5. Remove Drinking Horn of Moderation (Int goes down by 2)

Temporary work around: Do not equip items that give a similar stat boost. First remove the stat boosting item and then equip the new item.

Additional Details:

When using Rundyl's Finery and Drinking Horn of Moderation, Attribute loss occurs as well. In bug 2 version, Attribute loss only occurs when removing one of the 2 items. At that time, 2 Attribute points are lost. Both items give 2 attribute points.

Using 2 +1 items does not cause this to reproduce.

Confirmed Bugs 1 and 2 also occur on Eder.

Using Rundly's Finery and Drinking Horn of Moderation on Durance, I was only able to get Bug 2 to reproduce when I unequipped Rundyl's Finery but did not actually place the item back into the inventory. In order to reproduce this, simply drag the item from the character with the mouse and then drop the item back onto the chest piece without placing the item back into the inventory.

I have been entirely unable to reproduce this issue with Lilith's Shawl (+3 perception) and Spider Fingers (+ 1 perception). It appears this may require the inclusion of at least 1 +2 Item.

For the last section of your statement about Lilith shawl and spider fingers I found that spider fingers gives me no bonus wether I use with with a +2 or the +3 shawl