Shield Deflection Calculation? Confused by Weapon & Shield Style

How is total deflection from shields determined? As I understand it, bonus to Deflection stack with bonus to Shield Deflection. I have a fighter with Ilfan Byrngar's Solace (Exceptional Medium Shield, 12 Shield Deflection + 8 Bonus Shield Deflection) and as expected, it provides a total of 20 additional Deflection for my Fighter even with another item giving bonus to non-shield Deflection. 

So what is the point of Weapon & Shield Style? It says it adds 6 to Shield Deflection, and instead only adds 3. If this is a stacking issue, it should not add anything since my Shield already provides 12 Shield Deflection and 8 Bonus Shield Deflection. If it is not a stacking issue, then shouldn't I receive the full 6 points to Deflection?

How is total deflection from shields determined? As I understand it, bonus to Deflection stack with bonus to Shield Deflection. I have a fighter with Ilfan Byrngar's Solace (Exceptional Medium Shield, 12 Shield Deflection + 8 Bonus Shield Deflection) and as expected, it provides a total of 20 additional Deflection for my Fighter even with another item giving bonus to non-shield Deflection. 

So what is the point of Weapon & Shield Style? It says it adds 6 to Shield Deflection, and instead only adds 3. If this is a stacking issue, it should not add anything since my Shield already provides 12 Shield Deflection and 8 Bonus Shield Deflection. If it is not a stacking issue, then shouldn't I receive the full 6 points to Deflection?

Check your C character tab, some items may not add deflection as you would expect due to stacking issue. The talents should add it properly, but some item that you think is adding +X may be ignored.

Check your C character tab, some items may not add deflection as you would expect due to stacking issue. The talents should add it properly, but some item that you think is adding +X may be ignored.

Everything checks out and nothing is suppressed. There shouldn't be anything that would ignore 3 Shield Deflection Bonus unless it's the shield itself, which, as I explained, would ignore all 6 since the shield has a bonus of 8.