im glad we can find these things without buying them.... 15000 for the one from the merchant in copperland jog right on, ill have finished five times over by the time i can afford to buy all the figurines

Is it after patch? Before patch they were valued at ~600 (horn) to ~1500 (figurines). If yes - damn, that's a difference. Still, you can find at least two figurines (scarab and spiders) quite early in the game.

Yea the main issue i was having (over in the solo expert whatever thread) is that in PoTD solo some fights are just impossible without a summon because you get swarmed and stun locked, before the patch you could just about do it by finding a wall and summoning a figurine. IT was annoying as hell because the only reason the fights are impossible is because phantoms stun lock you for your entire hp (i had a cloak that healed my damage back to me) so it went from full hp to 0 over like 3-5 minutes, and because phantoms stun on autoattack multiple phantoms were entirely impossible to deal ith regardless of how good your build was.

The figurine was so needed that I resorted to banditry until i could afford it

I actually made a character that killed the Great Hall phantoms without the Horn  :yes:

I call it justice. Getting slammed with 8 to 10 of these guys near the start of the game is a real pain. Doing it solo is really hard. As a side note, fan of flames is almost useless, very hard to land. There are way better aoe spells in the 2nd tier.

Edit. Sorry, as a wizard I mean. There are lots of useful spells from tier 1 and 2. Mostly 2.

Edited by Sugam

I generally drop Combusting Wounds (Foes take bonus fire damage when hurt) on Phantoms/Shades then do Holy Radiance with the extra burn damage on them or drop Chill Fog for the frequent damage ticks (cold, but it triggers Combusting Wounds). Seems to work well, though having a Cipher PC or Custom NPC is a huge help before you get Grieving Mother.

But yes - Shades/Phantoms are completely whack and you encounter them in far too much regularity in the early levels - they nearly made me quit my first PoTD run while clearing the courtyard until I remembered that part was rough on Hard too.

• 1 month later...

Well the summons become nothing more than an obstacle in the late tougher fights in Potd.  I fought the Fampyr and the Deathknights on the level 8 in the endless paths and my party wasn't quite high enough level and even though I summoned everything I had (3 or 4 statues) I had to play that fight 3 or 4 times to win it.

Don't get me wrong, they are useful as a buffer or a diversion to buy yourself time to win the fight but at later stages they're not going to win the fight for you.

Edited by Razorchain
  • Like 1

Well the summons become nothing more than an obstacle in the late tougher fights in Potd.  I fought the Fampyr and the Deathknights on the level 8 in the endless paths and my party wasn't quite high enough level and even though I summoned everything I had (3 or 4 statues) I had to play that fight 3 or 4 times to win it.

Don't get me wrong, they are useful as a buffer or a diversion to buy yourself time to win the fight but at later stages they're not going to win the fight for you.

I never got why people called them op in the first place.

I found the lamp really powerful at low levels, but later they don't add much, like all figurines. Rather than nerf or change them the lamp should be relocated to some other place more appropriate to their power level. Deep down in the endless paths or some other place like that. 

It is pretty powerful but it's also a lot of fun considering how much everyone hates shadows & shades.

I think it should just be much more difficult to obtain or excessively expensive.

Its somewhere in defiance bay in one of the buildings.

could you be more specific? i just murdered the whole doemenel clan in search for this item (to no avail) :p

Vailian Embassy. In a chest you need Mechanic 7 or 8. You can pick with level 3-4 and are veryyyy powerful.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

all the summoning items have been made a hell of a lot less powerful now (whether via the 2.03 patch or with March of Winter), the creatures are now only summoned for extremely short periods of time (20 seconds as far as I can tell), so now you need all of them (there are around 6 of them spread through out the game) and you have to stagger your summoning to actually be helpful in large battles.

• 3 weeks later...

im glad we can find these things without buying them.... 15000 for the one from the merchant in copperland jog right on, ill have finished five times over by the time i can afford to buy all the figurines

My last playthrough I had 200,00 gold AFTER buying every piece of gear I wanted from merchants.....

My last playthrough I had 200,00 gold AFTER buying every piece of gear I wanted from merchants.....

Hah yeah, this game doesn't really starve you for money. I also had significantly more than 200,000 gold towards the end of the game after buying every item I wanted and many I didn't really need. I might deliberately handicap myself on my next play through and avoid picking up mundane equipment from dead enemies, because in my last game the Black Hound inn in Gilded Vale had enough Xaurip spears to equip a small Xaurip army...