PoE - Sales figures STEAM

Just don't think slow paced turn based appeals to modern console gamers anymore. It's all about the action nowadays. 

I will never understand why people think people that play on consoles are a "different type" of person. It's just another platform to play games.

Yeap right on Bryy.  Think I will go play some Witcher 3 on my pc..... using an Xbox One controller.

Just don't think slow paced turn based appeals to modern console gamers anymore. It's all about the action nowadays. 

I will never understand why people think people that play on consoles are a "different type" of person. It's just another platform to play games.

The games catering to consoles are aimed at a different audience. They're usually more action based and they offer limited options due to controller restrictions. There are only so many buttons you can push and that in itself puts restrictions on the UI, customization and gameplay in general.

So yes, in general it is a different audience with different expectations.

I refuse to believe you've never played a console game.

Just to note ,CDproject published sales figures for the Witcher 3 a while ago and they noted that the pre-order numbers were above 1 million while according to gamespy they only sold around 350000 at release in steam ,so all of those speculations about POE selling significantly  less copies via steam are probably wrong...

Edited by barakav

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

1 million copies ,not dollars...

SKYRIM did better , and so did the last Fallout title and F:NV by Obsidian ,we should thank Bethesda for pushing this genre popularity forward.

Edit: I was wrong it sold 1.5 million copies before launch:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-pre-orders-top-1-5-million-launch-trailer-released/

So Steam is not necessarily the preferred download platform for games that are also sold via GOG.

Edited by barakav

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

1 million copies ,not dollars...

SKYRIM did better , and so did the last Fallout title and F:NV by Obsidian ,we should thank Bethesda for pushing this genre popularity forward.

Edit: I was wrong it sold 1.5 million copies before launch:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-pre-orders-top-1-5-million-launch-trailer-released/

So Steam is not necessarily the preferred download platform for games that are also sold via GOG.

1.5 copies is more money, thenb.

Hm.

XCOM did pretty well on the consoles, but it's control scheme and pacing was designed with consoles in mind.  Just a straight port of Wasteland 2 to consoles would probably be a pretty dreadful, hard to control experience, but a lot of that is it's encounter design and general interface design, something more streamlined like Shadowrun: Dragonfall I think could port pretty well consoles and still be a very good game.  A real time with pause game like Pillars would a trainwreck on consoles.

Ironic that Xcom apparently did badly enough on Consoles that Firaxis isn't even launching Xcom 2 there much? 

Ironic that Xcom apparently did badly enough on Consoles that Firaxis isn't even launching Xcom 2 there much? 

There are plenty of reasons why they would launch it first on PC, not necessarily tied to how well it sold on consoles, either way it did well enough on consoles to where it would be really surprising if they didn't port it at some point.

Edited by MunoValente

XCOM did pretty well on the consoles, but it's control scheme and pacing was designed with consoles in mind.  Just a straight port of Wasteland 2 to consoles would probably be a pretty dreadful, hard to control experience, but a lot of that is it's encounter design and general interface design, something more streamlined like Shadowrun: Dragonfall I think could port pretty well consoles and still be a very good game.  A real time with pause game like Pillars would a trainwreck on consoles.

Xcom sold only bit over million copies on consoles and about three million copies on PC.