PoE - Sales figures STEAM

Why does this SJW / limerick nonsense have to make its way into every thread.  Isn't there enough of these threads dedicated to this discussion on this forum.  I just want to know how well this game is selling, but here it is the same old tired arguments thrown around from both sides yet again. GO back into the threads dedicated to the subject and let those interested in this game's success  discuss sales numbers in this thread.  Thank you.

Because Social Justice Warriors are poison, a cancer that never goes away. The best you can hope for is remission. It's like a cloud of diseased spores that worms it's way into every nook and cranny, looking for something to be offended by and attack; like a virus turning the own body against itself, or a fungus that corrupts and rots the brain until the organism climbs up high and kills itself.

This is so much hyperbole other hyperboles ask it for candy money.

:lol:

Don't forget grandiloquence..it also reeks of grandiloquence  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Why does this SJW / limerick nonsense have to make its way into every thread.  Isn't there enough of these threads dedicated to this discussion on this forum.  I just want to know how well this game is selling, but here it is the same old tired arguments thrown around from both sides yet again. GO back into the threads dedicated to the subject and let those interested in this game's success  discuss sales numbers in this thread.  Thank you.

Because Social Justice Warriors are poison, a cancer that never goes away. The best you can hope for is remission. It's like a cloud of diseased spores that worms it's way into every nook and cranny, looking for something to be offended by and attack; like a virus turning the own body against itself, or a fungus that corrupts and rots the brain until the organism climbs up high and kills itself.

This. This I am willing to accept. Partly because I learned a new word, and it's a word that in it's very essence is the same thing it describes. That's wonderful.

I would not say reek, though. It makes it sound like it's a bad thing.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

This. This I am willing to accept. Partly because I learned a new word, and it's a word that in it's very essence is the same thing it describes. That's wonderful.

I would not say reek, though. It makes it sound like a bad thing.

Yeah, it is one those unusual words but appropriate at times. I fairly regularly get accused of it :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Because people are sick of them. Anyway, PoE is still in the top Ten on Steam, that includes a new BIG release and a big sale on south park and some youtube deal with gtaV maybe, so far it´s doing goog. I would say let Obsidian come out when they are ready to say the sales and what they can do with money. Speculating is fun, but also pointless :D

If you are sick of people who care about social justice, you should probably stop supporting Obsidian and their products, as they in fact do care about such things. Don't worry thought, I will buy an extra copy of their games because I do think it is important.

That's a terrible slur on the our guys good name. They all strike me as being hale and hearty and of sound mind and body. A strong stench would linger around oneself if it were otherwise. The SJW stain is quite foul to those who don't partake in it.

For Firedorn all the Lads grieve

This Adam woke up next to Eve.

But beneath leaves of Fig,

He found Berries and Twig,

So Himself off a cliff he did heave.

a cancer that never goes away

You.

It's you.

You are starting this ****.

In every thread.

You are not addressing your phantom enemies somewhere off on Twitter.

You are ****ing with other fans of this game.

You are drawing in ideological concerns where none belong.

You are a pain in my ****ing ass.

• Like 7

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

Hypothetically, if POE 2 doesn't require a kickstarter, they should start one anyways and gather $50,000.00 extra to use towards voice acting the ENTIRE game, every single line of dialogue.

Try a few hundred thousand.

I encourage you to get used to reading or find a different game.

I enjoy reading, but I also enjoy fully voiced games.

Fully voiced game only for the first playthrough. Other than that, i would be looking for a skip button so i can directly choose my dialogue options already

You.

It's you.

In every thread.

Boo hooo. QQ

Seriously though, get real. I didn't bring it up in this thread more than I bring it up in other threads, which is not at all. But I take issue with ignorance wherever it shows it's face or raises it's voice.

You, on the other hand, have a total of 151 posts, of which at least 24 are directly or indirectly related to this, just since March 31st. I didn't look further back, because any earlier and it starts predating the debacle. So, yeah, relatively speaking... *cough*

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

You.

It's you.

In every thread.

Boo hooo. QQ

Seriously though, get real. I didn't bring it up in this thread more than I bring it up in other threads, which is not at all. But I take issue with ignorance wherever it shows it's face or raises it's voice.

It seems cancer treatment has quite some unpleasant adverse effects here. I think I'll rather manage with cancer.

Edited by DrBrian

You, on the other hand, have a total of 151 posts, of which at least 24 are directly or indirectly related to this, just since March 31st.

lol, thanks for taking the time to read through my 151 previous posts I guess.

ETA: except, I just looked at my own post history (they're all so witty and perceptive, completely worth a second reading) and I don't think that's actually true?

Edited by RedSocialKnight

Because people are sick of them. Anyway, PoE is still in the top Ten on Steam, that includes a new BIG release and a big sale on south park and some youtube deal with gtaV maybe, so far it´s doing goog. I would say let Obsidian come out when they are ready to say the sales and what they can do with money. Speculating is fun, but also pointless :D

If you are sick of people who care about social justice, you should probably stop supporting Obsidian and their products, as they in fact do care about such things. Don't worry thought, I will buy an extra copy of their games because I do think it is important.

That's a terrible slur on the our guys good name. They all strike me as being hale and hearty and of sound mind and body. A strong stench would linger around oneself if it were otherwise. 

..... you do realize you're talking about people that asked a guy to change his poem because others got offended, right? I mean, that's not up for debate.

The limerick was just so trivial.  I don't understand how people on either side can go on post after post in multiple threads.  Pick your battles?  How do you people have the energy?  Now I feel like a putz because I just got sucked into making this one post.

• Like 2

The game might not be in the top 10 selling games right now but the great reviews probably did help ,since ,according to steam-spy they did sell  around 70000 copies in the last six to seven days, I still think it will get to the numbers of D:OS .

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

• 1 month later...

I truly wish I had waited to buy this. Instead, I was so excited that I decided to pre-order, and then Obsidian had to reveal their true face of censorship by censoring the you know what poem. Now I have a game that I bought but will never play...serves me right for not waiting. That's why the smart people wait, not only do they get it for less, but they can also avoid situations like this.

So you're not going to play a fantastic, beautiful and enthralling game because of some dumb poem that made an offensive rape joke and got removed in an update. great choice, well done you.

• Like 2

There are hundreds maybe thousands of limericks and memorials.  Obsidian didn't write them and it is unfair in my opinion to blame them as if they did it on purpose.  They had a small staff and I doubt had more than a couple of people checking those submitted to them.  That one slipped by.  People are making a big issue out of a pimple.  Small mentalities look for small issues.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I truly wish I had waited to buy this. Instead, I was so excited that I decided to pre-order, and then Obsidian had to reveal their true face of censorship by censoring the you know what poem. Now I have a game that I bought but will never play...serves me right for not waiting. That's why the smart people wait, not only do they get it for less, but they can also avoid situations like this.

So you're not going to play a fantastic, beautiful and enthralling game because of some dumb poem that made an offensive rape joke and got removed in an update. great choice, well done you.

There was a poem that made an offensive rape joke? When? Where? What?

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

New account reviving that train wreck.

Great move, guys.

*Stands guard with a fine club to whack any animancer away if they even look at the bloody pulp of that dead horse And get any ideas of trying to use their foul sorcery on reviving it*

Edit-I do stand curious about how well it has sold though.

Edited by redneckdevil

Approximately 362,000 owners on Steam, 14.5% of whom are backers.

After dropping out of the daily top 25 sellers for a while, the game is now back on the chart at #21.

It's hard to guess how that compares with other platforms. 14.5% of 362,000 is 52,500 -- suggesting that about 1/3 of the 77,000 backers got their copy somewhere else (tho some may never have picked up their copies), which in turn suggests robust sales outside of Steam, likely for a total of a bit more than 500K. All that's just speculation, tho.

• Like 1

Usually I steer clear of gravestones as well as gold plated NPCs. Unless there's a nice opportunity to do away with a couple of them. Quite easily managed when looting some hotel room where they're standing around. For some reason they always think, my stealing should concern them. Drop some nice loot too occasionally.

Approximately 362,000 owners on Steam, 14.5% of whom are backers.

After dropping out of the daily top 25 sellers for a while, the game is now back on the chart at #21.

It's hard to guess how that compares with other platforms. 14.5% of 362,000 is 52,500 -- suggesting that about 1/3 of the 77,000 backers got their copy somewhere else (tho some may never have picked up their copies), which in turn suggests robust sales outside of Steam, likely for a total of a bit more than 500K. All that's just speculation, tho.

Unfortunately, the only retailer not selling Steam copies is GOG, and a disproportionate number of that community probably got their copies during the KickStarter. 

Edited by Morality Games

May Kickstarter be with you and all your stretch goals achieved. 

Unfortunately, the only retailer not selling Steam copies is GOG, and a disproportionate number of that community probably got their copies during the KickStarter.

I believe EA's Origin is independent of Steam and they're also selling PoE. Not sure how many people use that thing though.

Most likely steam sales are around 65 - 75 % of the overall sales of the game. Taking that number (it is a guess on my part) and taking the roughly 310k non backer steam sales that would mean the game has sold roughly 387k-418k tacross all retailers.

So it is pretty safe to say that the game will sell over 500k which is a good number to hit for this type of game/release.

The game is also sold on the Mac App Store. However, I expect the number of sales there to be minuscule compared even to GOG, let alone Steam.

Also, in my opinion 65-75% is too low share for Steam. It's most likely 80-85%, possibly even higher.

It's difficult to estimate the fraction of sales on Steam. It's true that for most games it tends to be quite large, but the audience for PoE is somewhat different from most games. If you look at this poll (which isn't particularly scientific, but does have a fairly large sample), Steam wins, but not by very much at all. It would be an interesting study to see if this is merely due to the bias in this forum or true for the PoE audience in general. Also, keep in mind that for international sales, Steam is almost always more expensive.